The Student Room Group

My friend

He came pub with me and he only stayed for like half an hour because I wasn't talking. The England game was on and there was too much noise to talk. I was on my phone playing games because I don't watch football but I was sat with him, it was way too loud to talk and he didn't even start a conversation to talk. He said let's go after half an hour, I thought he was busy but when I got home basically his dad was at our house because he does our building work and he knows my dad. So I got home, while we were at the pub my friend was texting his dad saying im not talking, I'm just playing games, his dad was at my house and he told my dad what my friend was saying. I don't understand, my friend didn't try to talk to me and I was too loud yet he's complaining then we went home because he didn't talk.

He was bored ok but he was just complaining after just messaging his dad his annoyed because I didn't talk. We still have a drink and just sat together and it was the first time since they opened pubs for indoor use.
What is it you would like advice on?
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
What is it you would like advice on?

I just don’t know what to do
I'm confused as to what it is your asking advice for? :confused:
Reply 4
Original post by Mr T 999
I'm confused as to what it is your asking advice for? :confused:

I'm not
Original post by Anonymous
I just don’t know what to do
Why do you need to do anything?
As far as I can tell, just continuing with life as normal would be the best course of action here.
Reply 6
Original post by 04MR17
Why do you need to do anything?
As far as I can tell, just continuing with life as normal would be the best course of action here.

I don't know if I should stay friends with him

Why wouldn't you? Is there something about what he did that upset you?
Reply 8
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Why wouldn't you? Is there something about what he did that upset you?

He went early and was saying stuff to his dad about me.

Well if your fathers are both friends then it may be awkward to put something between you. Besides, friendships don't tend to end this abruptly. You will drift apart naturally if you choose not to make an effort with him (which wouldn't be terribly bad from what I can see).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending