The Student Room Group

Help with University Ranks

Hi,

I am looking at the best UK universities for economics, but the complete university guide ranks very differently to the Guardian? For example Bath university for economics is ranked 7th by the c.u.g, but the Guardian ranks it 30th? I would understand slight differences, but 23 places is a bit excessive? It must be different criteria. Which of these websites is more reliable?

Thanks
Original post by Har6547
Hi,

I am looking at the best UK universities for economics, but the complete university guide ranks very differently to the Guardian? For example Bath university for economics is ranked 7th by the c.u.g, but the Guardian ranks it 30th? I would understand slight differences, but 23 places is a bit excessive? It must be different criteria. Which of these websites is more reliable?

Thanks

Don't use rankings - some universities are well known for economics but apart from that it doesn't matter where you go it is your degree classification that matters. Rankings will not help you pick the best course for you.
Original post by Har6547
Hi,

Thanks

No ranking table is 100% accurate. They calculate them differently. CUG is more reliable than the Guardian but no table is right.
Original post by Har6547

but the complete university guide ranks very differently to the Guardian

This is why they are complete nonsense and a totally unreliable way to choose a Uni course.

How to Avoid 5 Rejections - lots of good advice - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/how-to-avoid-getting-five-university-rejections
Applying for Economics - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/economics_degree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending