The Student Room Group

Are my friends being mean?

My flatmates, who I’m close friends with have started doing things without me- two of them have been to the library and not invited me a few times but will plan it and invite another flatmate in front of me. I wouldn’t mind once or twice but it’s happened a few times now. Also one of my flatmates sort of dropped everyone in the flat for new friends, but she apologised and we’re friends again. Anyway, my other flatmate, the one who invites this flatmate who dropped us to the library instead of me atm is actually insufferable when the flatmate that dropped us is there. Constantly all over her hugging, we went on an outing at the weekend and she was holding her arm and hand walking along actually slowing us down getting to where we had booked go to. I’m a person who hates touch so I wouldn’t reciprocate that anyway but my other flatmate said it’s weird and cringey too. Maybe I sound like an envious ***** but it’s honestly rude imo, like I wouldn’t be funny if they made plans in my absence but to plan in front of me then to not invite me is what I find rude. Also whenever I’m in the kitchen they’re always there and I feel conflicted with needing breathing space from them to being offended when they do make plans. Sorry that last but doesn’t help my argument but I just wanted to know what others would say/ think

Thanks
warning: advice may not be useful! But it’s my opinion

Honestly, if the person you don’t like is hanging around with your flatmate, you can’t do anything about it because it’s their choice. If you want to be part of the experience with your flatmates, e.g going to the library, then involve yourself in it. Although it may seem tedious, you’ve got to put yourself out their imo.
Obviously, it’s a pain in the ass but you’re literally living with them, so try to deal with them. Also, it’s no crime for your flatmate to try make new friends, although I don’t know them personally, just because a person is spending time with others doesn’t mean they don’t still think of you as a friend.
Original post by Winta:)
warning: advice may not be useful! But it’s my opinion

Honestly, if the person you don’t like is hanging around with your flatmate, you can’t do anything about it because it’s their choice. If you want to be part of the experience with your flatmates, e.g going to the library, then involve yourself in it. Although it may seem tedious, you’ve got to put yourself out their imo.
Obviously, it’s a pain in the ass but you’re literally living with them, so try to deal with them. Also, it’s no crime for your flatmate to try make new friends, although I don’t know them personally, just because a person is spending time with others doesn’t mean they don’t still think of you as a friend.

Hey, thanks

my flatmate who made friends- I have no issue with, it’s that she stopped speaking to us for three months and sorta started sleeping over at friends and we were worried about if she was okay haha but is suddenly back on the scene lol…previously my other flatmates were *****ing about how she dropped us for no reason (known to us)

and yeah it’s not that I don’t like anyone it’s just my flatmates behaviour is kinda tumultuous (dramatic word but I can’t think of another one atm), but I just find them quite cliquey sometimes considering I might live with them next year

but thanks I get the getting involved bit and I get too much into my head at times
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, thanks

my flatmate who made friends- I have no issue with, it’s that she stopped speaking to us for three months and sorta started sleeping over at friends and we were worried about if she was okay haha but is suddenly back on the scene lol…previously my other flatmates were *****ing about how she dropped us for no reason (known to us)

and yeah it’s not that I don’t like anyone it’s just my flatmates behaviour is kinda tumultuous (dramatic word but I can’t think of another one atm), but I just find them quite cliquey sometimes considering I might live with them next year

but thanks I get the getting involved bit and I get too much into my head at times

No problem, honestly it seems like a rough situation but I wish all the best 👍
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending