The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan for repeating final year twice

Hi. I'm studying in my final year in a 4 length course but I failed a module so I need to repeat it . I used already my gift year. Will I be eligible for maintenance loan next year as long as I was already funded 4+1 years, both tuition fee and maintenance loan? I've applied as a EU migrant worker
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Laura111222333
Hi. I'm studying in my final year in a 4 length course but I failed a module so I need to repeat it . I used already my gift year. Will I be eligible for maintenance loan next year as long as I was already funded 4+1 years, both tuition fee and maintenance loan? I've applied as a EU migrant worker

Hi Laura, The standard way we calculate funding is as follows:
- Students are entitled to funding for their course duration.
- We then award students an additional year of funding, should they need to repeat or change their course.
- We then take any previous study into consideration and this then gives a student their entitlement available for their course.
If there were mitigating circumstances as to why you didn't complete your previous course then you can apply for what is called Compelling Personal Reasons.
More information on this can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/going-back-to-uni-or-repeating-a-year

If you have used your additional year of funding then you may not be eligible to receive the Tuition Fee Loan for another repeat year of your course without CPR. If you have CPR evidence you can submit this along with a detailed cover letter explaining the situation and when this took place for the team to review.

You can find out more information on what evidence is acceptable in the link above and submit this via your online account for the team to review.

You can find out how to upload the evidence here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Teb-DaFfDRc

You may still be eligible to apply for Maintenance Loan and you would indicate you were looking to apply for tis on your application when you submit this. Once your application and evidence has been received and reviewed the team will be in contact with you to confirm the funding you are entitled to receive. The current processing timescales for this to be reviewed is around 6-8 weeks.

Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending