The Student Room Group

Confused about Special Support Loan

So, I had to suspend my studies since the end of first semester, in December 2022 due to my eye conditions that prevented me from studying further onwards.

I have reapplied for SF as I am expected to return back this September, as everything is well now. I have been told by SFE, that I may be eligible for extra support, and that I need to upload evidence like confirmation of suspending my studies and evidence of the condition that I have.

Later onwards, I have been told again, that I may be eligible for Special Support Loan.

Now, I need to show evidence that I am claiming benefits, like PIP, etc. I am in process of claiming benefits like PIP as of now.

However, SFE decided to decline my application for Special Support Loan, upon looking into the evidence I have supplied which was the diagnosis of my condition and the confirmation of suspending my course till this year.

So, I don't know what to do now? I am in the process of claiming benefits, yet SFE decides to decline my application despite the evidence I have uploaded, is for something else?
Sorry this maybe unhelpful, but if you haven't started receiving any benefits yet then I believe you won't be entitled to the special support element. I think once you have confirmation that you are in receipt of pip etc then it's a different situation.

I maybe wrong though.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending