The Student Room Group

Student Finance Compelling Personal Reasons

Hi. So I am really confused. Ive just been on the phone with student finance. My situation is ; I started a course, Integrated Masters with a foundation year. So a 5 year course. I completed foundation and first year. I then failed second year and re started it, and suspended that year. So I have studied for 4 years. The last two years have been accepted for compelling personal reasons. I am now transferring to a new, 4 year course. I heard that the tuition fee calculation is :frown: length of original course +1 ) - previous study years. So for me that would be (5+1)-2, so 6-2, so 4 years left of funding. However, student finance have said i have 3 years left, not 4. Why is this? Thank you. I am willing to pay the tuition fee, however it will put me ina hard financial situation
Original post by user12263748
Hi. So I am really confused. Ive just been on the phone with student finance. My situation is ; I started a course, Integrated Masters with a foundation year. So a 5 year course. I completed foundation and first year. I then failed second year and re started it, and suspended that year. So I have studied for 4 years. The last two years have been accepted for compelling personal reasons. I am now transferring to a new, 4 year course. I heard that the tuition fee calculation is :frown: length of original course +1 ) - previous study years. So for me that would be (5+1)-2, so 6-2, so 4 years left of funding. However, student finance have said i have 3 years left, not 4. Why is this? Thank you. I am willing to pay the tuition fee, however it will put me ina hard financial situation

Hi there,

You would need to start a live chat or call us so that an adviser can look into that on your account.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

0300 100 0607

Thanks, Clare
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi there,

You would need to start a live chat or call us so that an adviser can look into that on your account.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

0300 100 0607

Thanks, Clare

hi, thank you. the livechat option isnt there
Original post by user12263748
hi, thank you. the livechat option isnt there

If the live chat isn't available to you on the contact section, then you need to call.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending