The Student Room Group

Funding for a 2nd degree

Hello,

I would like to know if I'm eligible for part-time funding for the following courses with the Open University:

Bioogy BSc (Hons)
Psychology BSc (Hons)
Physics BSc (Hons)

I already hold a foundation degree for which I've had 2 years of full-time funding.

Many Thanks
Original post by Zurcs
Hello,

I would like to know if I'm eligible for part-time funding for the following courses with the Open University:

Bioogy BSc (Hons)
Psychology BSc (Hons)
Physics BSc (Hons)

I already hold a foundation degree for which I've had 2 years of full-time funding.

Many Thanks

Hi there, when is your course due to start? Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, when is your course due to start? Thanks, Karen

October 2023.

Thanks
Original post by Zurcs
October 2023.

Thanks

Our part time applications and guidelines don't launch until Summer. Once they have launched you will be able to submit an application for the team to review. Thanks, Karen
Reply 4
Hi Karen,

I spoke to someone from SFE via web chat this morning who said 'BSc Biology(Hons) is not eligible because it's not a science'.

I just got off the phone with someone from SFE that I am eligible for full part-time funding.

You're now telling me I've to wait until the summer for the official guidelines, but I've seen other forums where official reps have given advice on part-time funding for people with previous study.

I quite confused as to which advice to follow.
Original post by Zurcs
Hi Karen,

I spoke to someone from SFE via web chat this morning who said 'BSc Biology(Hons) is not eligible because it's not a science'.

I just got off the phone with someone from SFE that I am eligible for full part-time funding.

You're now telling me I've to wait until the summer for the official guidelines, but I've seen other forums where official reps have given advice on part-time funding for people with previous study.

I quite confused as to which advice to follow.

Our applications and guidelines don't launch until Summer. Once they have launched you will be able to submit an application for the team to review. Once they have launched we will update our Social Media channels and the GOV.uk website where you will be able to submit an application for the team to review. Thanks, Karen
Original post by Zurcs

How on earth did they figure that Biology is not a science?
Like... eh?? :confused:

If it helps, even if you have a full degree you should be able to get funding for BSc Hons Biology with the OU as it comes under the category of one of the subjects that are eligible for being funded as a second degree. See here:

https://www.open.ac.uk/courses/fees-and-funding/equivalent-qualifications
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending