The Student Room Group

Changing course

Hi,I'm studying accounting and finance but I failed last year and this year had to retake 2 modules. I asked the university if I can change my course to law program, and they told me yes and start first year of law after completing my accounting and finance first year.

My question is will I be able to get full student finance tuition fees loan for the new course law program for 3 years of it?
Original post by fm1018
Hi,I'm studying accounting and finance but I failed last year and this year had to retake 2 modules. I asked the university if I can change my course to law program, and they told me yes and start first year of law after completing my accounting and finance first year.

My question is will I be able to get full student finance tuition fees loan for the new course law program for 3 years of it?

Hi there,

Can you confirm if you have any other previous study? Is the new course full time?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

Can you confirm if you have any other previous study? Is the new course full time?

Thanks,
Claire

Hi, I have no other previous study, and yes the new course is full time.
Original post by fm1018
Hi, I have no other previous study, and yes the new course is full time.

Hi there, Just to confirm you have 2 years of previous study and the new course is 3 years in total and you are entering year 1? Thanks, Angela
Reply 4
Yes but I have not agreed to change my course yet. I'm waiting to see if student finance would allow me to get funded for the new 3 years full time course because for my 2nd year of previous study, I only took £3,080 tuition fees loan.
Original post by fm1018
Yes but I have not agreed to change my course yet. I'm waiting to see if student finance would allow me to get funded for the new 3 years full time course because for my 2nd year of previous study, I only took £3,080 tuition fees loan.

Hi there, The standard way we calculate funding is as follows:
- Students are entitled to funding for their course duration.
- We then award students an additional year of funding, should they need to repeat or change their course.
- We then take any previous study into consideration and this then gives a student their entitlement available for their course.
If there were mitigating circumstances as to why you didn't complete your previous course then you can apply for what is called Compelling Personal Reasons.
More information on this can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/going-back-to-uni-or-repeating-a-year

Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending