The Student Room Group

Changing course

Hi,I'm studying accounting and finance but I failed last year and this year had to retake 2 modules. I do not have any other previous studies. I asked the university if I can change my course to full time law program, and they told me yes and start first year of law after completing my accounting and finance first year.

My question is will I be able to get full student finance tuition fees loan for the new course law program for 3 years of it?
If you have 2 years of previous study then you wouldn’t be eligible for a tuition fee loan for year 1 of a new degree.
Original post by fm1018
Hi,I'm studying accounting and finance but I failed last year and this year had to retake 2 modules. I do not have any other previous studies. I asked the university if I can change my course to full time law program, and they told me yes and start first year of law after completing my accounting and finance first year.

My question is will I be able to get full student finance tuition fees loan for the new course law program for 3 years of it?

Hi there,
The standard way we calculate funding is as follows:
- Students are entitled to funding for their course duration.
- We then award students an additional year of funding, should they need to repeat or change their course.
- We then take any previous study into consideration and this then gives a student their entitlement available for their course.
If there were mitigating circumstances as to why you didn't complete your previous course then you can apply for what is called Compelling Personal Reasons.
More information on this can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/going-back-to-uni-or-repeating-a-year

Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending