The Student Room Group

Tuition funding

My son has done a foundation year, year 1 but has struggled with his choice of course, obviously it was lock down, very little input from his school as he wasn’t 100% sure if he wanted to go with everything going on, anyway he has changed course, but now has been told he can’t get help with his fees, does he have any other options apart from just quit? I can’t help him enough to allow him to continue unfortunately

I feel gutted for him but don’t see what else he can do
Original post by jenclaire16
My son has done a foundation year, year 1 but has struggled with his choice of course, obviously it was lock down, very little input from his school as he wasn’t 100% sure if he wanted to go with everything going on, anyway he has changed course, but now has been told he can’t get help with his fees, does he have any other options apart from just quit? I can’t help him enough to allow him to continue unfortunately

I feel gutted for him but don’t see what else he can do

Hi Jen,

If your son has Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR) for not completing his previous course we can potentially award him an additional year of funding. Please see here for more details: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/going-back-to-uni-or-repeating-a-year

He can upload any evidence on his account, and it will be processed in around 15 working days.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending