The Student Room Group

UCAS reference and predicted grades

My tutor is a uni student and is going to do my reference and predicted grades. I heard somewhere that my tutor needs to have an institutional email address which he doesn't have. Is this true?
Original post by JamieInit
My tutor is a uni student and is going to do my reference and predicted grades. I heard somewhere that my tutor needs to have an institutional email address which he doesn't have. Is this true?

Your universities will see the email address and are likely to be sceptical about the credentials of your referee if they don’t have a formal email address.

Are you sure they’re a university student if they don’t have an institutional email account?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Your universities will see the email address and are likely to be sceptical about the credentials of your referee if they don’t have a formal email address.

Are you sure they’re a university student if they don’t have an institutional email account?

Wait does their uni email address count as an institutional email address? I thought that meant like an email address given from a company
Original post by JamieInit
Wait does their uni email address count as an institutional email address? I thought that meant like an email address given from a company

No, a uni address would be sufficient.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending