The Student Room Group

Will I still receive my Masters Loan if I transfer university?

Hi there, I’ll currently doing a part-time MA by Research (distance learning). I am looking to transfer to another university, but the course will remain exactly the same. I started this course Sep 2023 and I plan to transfer to the other university by Sep 2024. I therefore would have received half of my MA loan before transferring.

The only thing that might change is the time to complete the course. Rather than being 2 years, I suspect it will be 3 (so 2 years at my new university) due to ethics forms and research etc.

So I have two questions: (a) will I be eligible to receive the rest of my Masters loan and (b) will the rest of my payments be spread over two years instead of one?

I hope all that info makes sense! I have additional questions but I’ll wait for a response before asking them.
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Hsclayson
Hi there, I’ll currently doing a part-time MA by Research (distance learning). I am looking to transfer to another university, but the course will remain exactly the same. I started this course Sep 2023 and I plan to transfer to the other university by Sep 2024. I therefore would have received half of my MA loan before transferring.

The only thing that might change is the time to complete the course. Rather than being 2 years, I suspect it will be 3 (so 2 years at my new university) due to ethics forms and research etc.

So I have two questions: (a) will I be eligible to receive the rest of my Masters loan and (b) will the rest of my payments be spread over two years instead of one?

I hope all that info makes sense! I have additional questions but I’ll wait for a response before asking them.

Hi there,

If you were to transfer to a new university before your previous course has finished then you would be eligible to get the rest of your funding. We would need your new university to send us a Change of Circumstances Transfer so we can update your application. If your course then is another 2 years then your remaining entitlement would be split over the 2 years.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending