The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I hate threads like this...

Because it DEPENDS!
Personally personality matters more to me but it depends how ugly lol.
Reply 3
Pic or it didnt happen
Reply 4
I think I speak for everyone when I say looks, because unless you're a blind person, you'll judge people by how they look and then approach them. And good-looking people with an awful, arrogant and selfish personality automatically turns 'ugly' to me. :/

To be honest though, I've never seen anyone so ugly, that I've decided not to go out with them.
It depends. Girls tend to look for a balance of the both , but I'd say you'd have to have a nice personality in order to be successful in the women sector.

Girls like you to be :

-Happy
-Friendly
-Funny
-Caring
-Kind

The main factor they look for is confidence if you do not come accross as confident then she will feel uncomfortable and so will you , and it'll just end up as you being put into the ' Friend zone '.

Good luck in the future though :smile:
Both.
Any girl who says she will go out with a guy based solely on his personality is lying through their teeth.
Reply 7
Most people need both physical attraction and matching personalities. It's not necessarily shallow, because it's natural. We're attracted to the traits we'd like to pass on in procreation or whatever.

Don't take it personally, honey. I really doubt you're as bad looking as you believe. You'll find the absolute perfect woman for you one day, all you need is a little confidence :smile:
Reply 8
Money will make all the girls come to you. Just like Rick Ross said.

Money ain't the thang, bitch that's a lie. It only controls every bitch that's alive.
Reply 9
Good mix of both.
All the good looking ones that I've come across recently have been ***** in the end :P
Cultivated
I think I speak for everyone when I say looks, because unless you're a blind person, you'll judge people by how they look and then approach them. And good-looking people with an awful, arrogant and selfish personality automatically turns 'ugly' to me. :/

To be honest though, I've never seen anyone so ugly, that I've decided not to go out with them.

Most good looking people are pretty arrogant :tongue:

Edit: Guys anyway !
Reply 11
Nizzay!
Money will make all the girls come to you. Just like Rick Ross said.

Money ain't the thang, bitch that's a lie. It only controls every bitch that's alive.

Not really, I'd rather have a good looking, sarcastic, arrogant, extremely funny but also kind man with an average earing job, than a really rich man who's ugly and has no personality. :yep:
Reply 12
pamelaa
Not really, I'd rather have a good looking, sarcastic, arrogant, extremely funny but also kind man with an average earing job, than a really rich man who's ugly and has no personality.

So you wouldn't go out with a guy who has his own ferrari, his own private jet and has cash worth of £50 million or more?

You silly billy :p: (I kid...)
Reply 13
Nizzay!
So you wouldn't go out with a guy who has his own ferrari, his own private jet and has cash worth of £50 million or more?

You silly billy :p: (I kid...)

Nope lol :p: but if he fits the criteria above then hell yeah!!
Reply 14
pamelaa
Not really, I'd rather have a good looking, sarcastic, arrogant, extremely funny but also kind man with an average earing job, than a really rich man who's ugly and has no personality. :yep:

I've pulled.
Maximum Velocity
It depends. Girls tend to look for a balance of the both , but I'd say you'd have to have a nice personality in order to be successful in the women sector.

Girls like you to be :

-Happy
-Friendly
-Funny
-Caring
-Kind

The main factor they look for is confidence if you do not come accross as confident then she will feel uncomfortable and so will you , and it'll just end up as you being put into the ' Friend zone '.

Good luck in the future though :smile:

It's always interesting to see what guys think girls want. This isn't too far off the truth actually.

I won't be friends with someone who makes me feel uncomfortable. For me, friend zone is for sociable, funny, easy going and well-mannered men who I have no chemistry with and whom I do not find attractive physically. Once you're in the friendzone, there's little chance I'll change my mind.

I don't mind if someone's not too happy because we live in a real world and sometimes **** happens. Not everyone is perfect and if I can empathise I will do anything in my power to make things easier. However happy people do provide a relief that many of us crave.

As for being funny, it's very important. I like being with people who don't take themselves to seriously and can take my casual banter and I love it when they can reciprocate. Also I don't believe in all that **** about how men are bilogically less likely to be able to keep up a smooth conversation. They have to be able to talk well and make a good impression when I introduce them to people.

I don't really care if they love children or give to charity, or choose not to eat meat like me. But if they litter, spit on the street and make me pay for the drinks, it's an instant no.

So the bottom line is, if I'm looking for a booty call (which I no longer can be since I've left the field of singles) the guy basically just needs to look like a model and dress accordingly. If it's for something more, then there are no real rules - if they really like me, I'll probably fall for them too.
Reply 16
JmsG
Pic or it didnt happen

This

And I'm sorry, of course looks matter

Saying personality matters more is just what the ugly kids say, like when people get headlice, they all say "oh well they go for clean hair" no they don't, that's just what the dirty kids say to make themselves feel better.

Personality matters yeah but a stunner is hardly gonna go out with some freakshow just because of their personality
Reply 17
Gibb~
I've pulled.

They have to be older than me too.
Sowwieeee
forsaken_earth
It's always interesting to see what guys think girls want. This isn't too far off the truth actually.

I won't be friends with someone who makes me feel uncomfortable. For me, friend zone is for sociable, funny, easy going and well-mannered men who I have no chemistry with and whom I do not find attractive physically. Once you're in the friendzone, there's little chance I'll change my mind.

I don't mind if someone's not too happy because we live in a real world and sometimes **** happens. Not everyone is perfect and if I can empathise I will do anything in my power to make things easier. However happy people do provide a relief that many of us crave.

As for being funny, it's very important. I like being with people who don't take themselves to seriously and can take my casual banter and I love it when they can reciprocate. Also I don't believe in all that **** about how men are bilogically less likely to be able to keep up a smooth conversation. They have to be able to talk well and make a good impression when I introduce them to people.

I don't really care if they love children or give to charity, or choose not to eat meat like me. But if they litter, spit on the street and make me pay for the drinks, it's an instant no.

So the bottom line is, if I'm looking for a booty call (which I no longer can be since I've left the field of singles) the guy basically just needs to look like a model and dress accordingly. If it's for something more, then there are no real rules - if they really like me, I'll probably fall for them too.

You sound so genuine and realistic , it's great :smile:. This actually should help me a bit , but I guess it's personal preferance as to what a girl wants in a boy. For me I have trouble with :

- Being funny.
- Getting out of awkward silences/preventing them.

I'm funny when I'm in a group of people , but when it's one on one with the girl I just totally lock up like frozen ice and just end up saying completely stupid things , or not even speaking at all ?. Help please :smile: ?
The looks:tongue:ersonality ratio always differs from person to person. That's not to say a 95 in the looks department will necessarily make up for a 5 in personality, and vice versa. So yeah, the ratio analogy was a bit ****. But, whether subtlely or majorly, looks always factor in

Latest

Trending

Trending