The Student Room Group

When I asked my mum who my dad was, she gave a really worrying answer!

I don't look anything like my dad. Our strengths are also very different, as is our sense of humour and skin colouring.

One day I jokingly asked my mum 'Did you sleep with the post or milkman?' and she replied 'I don't think so...' which really worried me! I mean, there may be a possibility that my dad isn't actually my dad, and I don't know how to face either of my parents.

What should I do, carry on as normal, or demand some DNA tests?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Who cares as long as they love you lol
Reply 2
Take it to Jeremy Kyle he'll sort everything out for you!!! :eek3:
Reply 3
No we need Jerry Springer theres more nudity and fights! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Genocidal
No we need Jerry Springer theres more nudity and fights! :biggrin:

You wanna see OP's mother nekkid? :eek3:
Reply 5
menaa-x

Trust me when I say that wouldn't be good!

Maybe back in her day, but not now!
Reply 6
your mum sounds like a slag, she's definitely been tapped by the milkman, the milkman one baad motherpucker.
are you sure she didnt reply jokingly aswell like you asked jokingly?
Reply 8
:jerry:

Maybe she thought you were joking about it :dontknow:
Reply 9
Mr_Muffin_Man
are you sure she didnt reply jokingly aswell like you asked jokingly?

Yes, it sounded like she was actually trying to think, or recall any information!
Reply 10
Anonymous
I don't look anything like my dad. Our strengths are also very different, as is our sense of humour and skin colouring.

One day I jokingly asked my mum 'Did you sleep with the post or milkman?' and she replied 'I don't think so...' which really worried me! I mean, there may be a possibility that my dad isn't actually my dad, and I don't know how to face either of my parents.

What should I do, carry on as normal, or demand some DNA tests?

Are you sure she wasn't joking around with her "I don't think so"? You didn't get a smack on the head, a giggle, or such things?

Lotsa kids don't look like their daddies. Do you at least look like your mommy?

Ehh, regardless, I say just carry on, don't mourn, rejoice, over the sound of his voice. just know that he's looking down on you smiling from wherever he is and then i forget the rest. Just focus on the new HP movie for now :grin:
Reply 11
Anonymous
Yes, it sounded like she was actually trying to think, or recall any information!

Maybe she wanted you to think that! Eh? So you can be all like "holy what the eff.. should I stay or should I go now? If I stay there will be trouble..." Okay, maybe the former part of the quotations marks, not the latter. I don't think you were in a sing-song mood.
I FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ahee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=493ljyoox6o
do u look like ur grand dad?

i hv the same problem, my dad is white and blond, and my skin is darker n i hv black hair
As long as your dad has been there to act like a dad, then as far as you should be concerned he is your dad. There may be curiosity that another man is your biological dad, but for the past x number of years this man has brought you up.

You'll most probably find she was having you on, and to Anonymous user #2, genes can skip a generation deppending on whether they are dominant or recessive, skin pigment and hair colour can be different from both parents on occasions
menaa-x

charlotte church is a mother - would you say no to seeing her naked?

and is ay jezza cos then he can do a paternity test and a lie detector test and tell you to get off the drugs and get a job
Reply 16
Anonymous
do u look like ur grand dad?

i hv the same problem, my dad is white and blond, and my skin is darker n i hv black hair

No, I only look anything like the people on my mum's side, but there are still differences.

moneyballs2
As long as your dad has been there to act like a dad, then as far as you should be concerned he is your dad. There may be curiosity that another man is your biological dad, but for the past x number of years this man has brought you up.

You'll most probably find she was having you on, and to Anonymous user #2, genes can skip a generation deppending on whether they are dominant or recessive, skin pigment and hair colour can be different from both parents on occasions

He's not really been a good father. He favoured my sister over me for years :frown:
Reply 17
Anonymous

One day I jokingly asked my mum 'Did you sleep with the post or milkman?' and she replied 'I don't think so...'

Sounds like your mum was a player back in the day :yep:
Well be grateful. I increasingly look like my dad and he looks like Borat.
Reply 19
I would think she was joking. My mum did that when I ask her.

Latest

Trending

Trending