The Student Room Group
WildStriker
When you are filling out an application form, does it have to be hand written? Can you type them off and print them?

For a university undergraduate course, you normally apply through UCAS which is all done electronically; you won't even need to print anything unless for your own records. For a job application or postgrad course application, you can normally download the forms as a Word document and type them, then either email them off or print them to send via snail mail. I think typed applications are preferred these days as it saves tutors/employers struggling with reading people's handwriting. Unless, of course you're applying for an MA in Calligraphy! :p:
It's the 21st Century dude - course not!

+jellybeanjen
Reply 3
jellybeanjen
For a university undergraduate course, you normally apply through UCAS which is all done electronically; you won't even need to print anything unless for your own records. For a job application or postgrad course application, you can normally download the forms as a Word document and type them, then either email them off or print them to send via snail mail. I think typed applications are preferred these days as it saves tutors/employers struggling with reading people's handwriting. Unless, of course you're applying for an MA in Calligraphy! :p:

But if you do type in your application form, how are you supposed to sign your signature at the end?
WildStriker
But if you do type in your application form, how are you supposed to sign your signature at the end?

I'm cheeky and email it to myself at work where I have an electronic signature I can insert lol.

Seriously though, most jobs or courses that require a signature on your application form will get it from you at interview or enrolment. UCAS forms do not require a signature.
Reply 5
jellybeanjen
I'm cheeky and email it to myself at work where I have an electronic signature I can insert lol.

Seriously though, most jobs or courses that require a signature on your application form will get it from you at interview or enrolment. UCAS forms do not require a signature.

What about accommodation forms? Are they the same also?
You'll sign the tenancy agreement when you collect your keys probably. For now, I would type your name where it says signature, or print, sign and snail mail if you'd feel more comfortable that way. If you're that worried, please contact the accommodation office at your chosen uni to confirm what their procedure is.

Latest

Trending

Trending