The Student Room Group

my dad has high blood pressure, should i feel guilty?

My Dad has had high blood pressure 4 a while and now he told me its got worse and the doc prescribed him with stronger meds. I think it may be my fault coz although compared 2 some other girls my age i dont make life hard 4 him, my family is complicated and its probably got 2 do with me.
U see my Mum died when I was 13 and i live with my Dad and my sis. I think my Dad feels responsible that i should turn out how my Mum wouldve wanted. They both are/were very religious and keep all sorts of ancient commandments and do all sorts of strange things. I also lived that way until a few months ago when I turned 18 and decided its all retarded. 4 my Dads sake I try 2 dress the part of a religious kid etc but noone is fooled. I do what i want in my room but I live in a community of retards and i feel like i live in a foreign country where noone speaks my language. My classmates either want nothing to do with me or are trying to save my soul so I am very lonely and sad and I hardly talk 2 my dad i feel like we have nothing in common and anything i say will just make him more upset. I once tried explaining things to him but i just ended up crying and he didnt know what to say.
Basically i think he's probably really stressed from it all and maybe feeling like he failed my Mum who he really loved. I feel so guilty, any advice?:frown:
Reply 1
Temporary high blood pressure may be related to stress but more permanent high bloody pressure, which your dad most probably has because otherwise the doctors wouldn't put him up a dose of meds, is highly unlikely to have been caused by you. Don't worry about it :smile: He may feel like he has failed your mum, but he will love you for being your own person, you are his daughter :smile:
Reply 2
Tell him to stop eating salt.
Original post by No Man
Tell him to stop eating salt.

Hey u may have a point there. Guess who ends up doing the cooking? Urs truly so thats not a bad idea. Still doesnt change the fact that i probably have caused it 2 some extent and that makes me feel horrible but im not willing 2 live my life 4 him. Its my life and Im not gonna do all that stupid stuff just 2 pls him so I guess i will just have 2 lower the salt levels and hope 4 the best
Reply 4
Anon fail.

And it's not your fault.
Original post by StephenP91
Anon fail.

And it's not your fault.

Yeah just realised i dint post it anon. Never mind, last night was feeling shy, now doesnt really bother me. What makes u think its not my fault? I think it definitely is 2 some extent though its his fault 4 having kids (though he dint reckon on being the one looking after them).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending