The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by Leighanne
Has anyone had a rejection from City this week? I have not heard anything yet but am starting to think that it might be all rejections on Friday :frown:

Apparently a few people have heard. I feel like I am waiting to be rejected on Friday as well.
Reply 421
Original post by MAM1992
Hiya TheForge, I have an interview on the same day at Essex, I'm so scareeddddd! Do you feel prepared for it? Only a week to go now!

Good luck, and let us know how you get on. I have an interview with Essex in April. I was pinning my hopes on City but seeing as I haven't had an offer yet I'm preparing for Essex to be my last attempt at getting on this year! I only applied to UCL, City and Essex so if City reject theres a lot riding on that Essex interview!
Reply 422
Original post by Holpol87
Good luck, and let us know how you get on. I have an interview with Essex in April. I was pinning my hopes on City but seeing as I haven't had an offer yet I'm preparing for Essex to be my last attempt at getting on this year! I only applied to UCL, City and Essex so if City reject theres a lot riding on that Essex interview!

Good luck to you too! I am the same, I think Essex is my only hope now. It's hard to still hope for City now that quite a few people have had acceptance emails. I have just deleted 1500 emails...I have been meaning to do it for a while, I was just looking through hoping I'd missed something :frown:
Reply 423
Is anyone still waiting to hear from UCL? I know they said mid/late feb but it seems loads of people have already got a yes/no/reserve...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 424
Has anyone heard from Reading yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 425
Hi everyone! I received an offer from City but the email ended up in my junk folder so for anyone who hasn't heard it might be worth checking there! Good luck and I hope everyone gets what they wanted.
Reply 426
Original post by MarkieC
Me too. Look forward to meeting you in sept. Mark x

Hi Mark, I'm sure you were at my interview day! I got an offer for Newcastle too. Really looking forward to September. Devon x
Reply 427
Original post by cosmic.love
Hi!
I was at the interviews Tuesday too! Glad to hear you got accepted! That helps a lot thank you very much. So would you just get the tube to Euston and walk down? The tube is so great and regular I can't imagine it would take very long. I was looking at the breakdown of fees on the UCL website and they said 240-245 a week for accom!! Is that realistic? Would that be for a house on your own or a shared house? I realise London is expensive to live in but 960 a month seems like a lot! Thanks for the help, I'll definately look into it. Our main renting website over here is daft.ie would you know what the English equivalent is? Sorry for all the questions

Oooh I don't know about room shares I'm afraid. Spareroom and easyroom are good websites to try, get an idea of prices. My tube train is direct into Russell Square, it's a 5 to 10 min walk at most. I'd recommend trying to get as least central as possible for the easiest commute so what you're doing sounds great, checking tube maps, bus routes etc. You might be able to house share with other students from the course?
Were you sat at the front of the room for the interviews?
Original post by gemz475
Oooh I don't know about room shares I'm afraid. Spareroom and easyroom are good websites to try, get an idea of prices. My tube train is direct into Russell Square, it's a 5 to 10 min walk at most. I'd recommend trying to get as least central as possible for the easiest commute so what you're doing sounds great, checking tube maps, bus routes etc. You might be able to house share with other students from the course?
Were you sat at the front of the room for the interviews?

Yeah I'm hoping to get central enough without going mad expensive on rent either! I have plenty of time anyways so I'm sure I'll be well in the know soon :smile: thank you for recommending some sites, I really appreciate it and I apologise for all the questions. I was in the front on the left hand side! One of the first few to be interviewed so thankfully didn't have much of a wait. What about you?
Reply 429
Original post by Devon_B
Hi everyone! I received an offer from City but the email ended up in my junk folder so for anyone who hasn't heard it might be worth checking there! Good luck and I hope everyone gets what they wanted.

Congrats! Just wondering, when did you recieve your offer? Was it Tuesday like everyone else, or yesterday?
Reply 430
Original post by BeccaKosinski
Oh yes! Hello :smile: well I spoke to another Canadian girl who is only having her interview today so god knows when we'll hear, did they say when? X

I think I spoke to the Canadian girl too, though international places are separate fight i think. Noone seems to have heard from Sheffield yet.... And quite a few who haven't have had offers else where. So they must be good. I have an offer from Newcastle, but would be over the moon if i got Sheffield! But I was lucky enough to receive one offer, so trying to keep my hope in check. X
Reply 431

Hey, I've got an interview for Essex in May. Quite late :/ I don't know how their selection system wotks. I just wondered if you have any idea of what to expect or how to prepare?
Reply 432
Original post by MAM1992
Apparently a few people have heard. I feel like I am waiting to be rejected on Friday as well.

I am still waiting to hear from City. Trying to stay positive but it is hard when I know others have already had offers!

Did anyone hear yesterday or today from City?
Original post by Leighanne
I am still waiting to hear from City. Trying to stay positive but it is hard when I know others have already had offers!

Did anyone hear yesterday or today from City?

I'm also waiting to hear from City :frown: I have deferred entry until 2015 but it isn't looking great...

Marie
Reply 434
Hope all those waiting to hear from City hear some good news soon.

I heard on Tuesday afternoon and joined a Facebook group for SLT City 2014 students that someone on this forum created, but there's only 9 members so far, so I do think they are yet to contact more successful candidates :smile: good luck everyone x
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 435
Original post by Che567
Hey, I've got an interview for Essex in May. Quite late :/ I don't know how their selection system wotks. I just wondered if you have any idea of what to expect or how to prepare?

Yes Essex interview right in to the spring/summer terms for some reason. I think they interview about 120 people altogether (split across the months) but I could be wrong. I think that there will be a literacy and a numeracy test, then a group interview with students currently on the course. They want to assess how you work in a group situation - how confident you are etc. There is also a 20 minute interview with panel members- I think that they have SLT lecturers and clinicians on the panel, among other people. I hope that helps you prepare! I think it is a full day interview. They are looking for serious commitment to SLT, I believe. We all have plenty of that - its just putting it into words when loads of people are assessing your every move! lol. Good luck - at least theres lots of time to prepare. Have you applied anywhere else?
Reply 436
To all of us City applicants that haven't heard - I telephoned City today as I was literally going crazy not knowing. I explained that some people had received rejections beforehand, and that this week lots of people have had offers or waiting list offers, and that I just wanted to find out some information as to their offer process. The lady in Admissions was really lovely. She said that they send their letters out in stages across this week. So, if we don't hear today then it will be tomorrow. She also said "Don't worry". I know it isn't much to keep us going, but at least it means there is still a little hope. I still have this sinking feeling in my stomach that I haven't made it in (sob!) but at least we now all know a lttle more about the process which they follow. If anyone has received an offer yesterday or today, to validate this, do share! Lol! Good luck guys, keeping my fingers, toes and everything else in between crossed for us ALL. Let's hope we can share some good news on here tomorrow x
Reply 437
Yeah I'm waiting from city still gosh taking their time !!
Reply 438
I'm waiting as well... *fingers crossed*
To all of us City applicants that haven't heard - I telephoned City today as I was literally going crazy not knowing. I explained that some people had received rejections beforehand, and that this week lots of people have had offers or waiting list offers, and that I just wanted to find out some information as to their offer process. The lady in Admissions was really lovely. She said that they send their letters out in stages across this week. So, if we don't hear today then it will be tomorrow. She also said "Don't worry". I know it isn't much to keep us going, but at least it means there is still a little hope. I still have this sinking feeling in my stomach that I haven't made it in (sob!) but at least we now all know a lttle more about the process which they follow. If anyone has received an offer yesterday or today, to validate this, do share! Lol! Good luck guys, keeping my fingers, toes and everything else in between crossed for us ALL. Let's hope we can share some good news on here tomorrow x

Thank you Holpol87 for having the guts to call! Hopefully the next batch will all be offers!

Latest