The Student Room Group

What do u you regret that you would not advise people to do in their life?

Scroll to see replies

Ok this is going to seem really insignificant compared to everyone else, but the thing I most regret in my life was not running through the white tape on sports day when I was younger. It was a sprint to the finish and I was way in the lead, but I was too afraid to run through the tape at the end and stopped.
My family were watching me and I felt so ashamed of myself to have let my fear overcome my win.
However this has helped me to make sure that nothing gets in my way in life. I will have my eye on the goal and will definitely make sure I achieve it no matter what.
Original post by Anonymοοse
Some of the people above have hit the nail on the head....coasting through your teenage years will be one of the biggest regrets of your life.

To all these teenagers reading this, work hard now because, for most of us, how well you do now in these years which will largely dictate how the rest of your life plays out.

Yes, there are people out there who have turned their lives around but these people are the exception. Don't be one of those people who dossed about inside and outside of school as kids and are now living with regret because they've not achieved anything in life that they wanted to. I'm not talking solely about education either, education isn't the only way to success - wherever it is you want to go in life, now is the time to start working for it and you'll have the rest of your lives to reap the rewards.

If you think this is too much pressure or too much stress, wait until you reach adulthood and you're living a life you never wanted, you'll wish you could go back.

I like people who motivate people... (just followed u)
Original post by Ellie_May :)
Ok this is going to seem really insignificant compared to everyone else, but the thing I most regret in my life was not running through the white tape on sports day when I was younger. It was a sprint to the finish and I was way in the lead, but I was too afraid to run through the tape at the end and stopped.
My family were watching me and I felt so ashamed of myself to have let my fear overcome my win.
However this has helped me to make sure that nothing gets in my way in life. I will have my eye on the goal and will definitely make sure I achieve it no matter what.

I like your determination :smile:
Original post by donutaud15
Not fighting back

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not fighting back from what?
(U don''t have to answer my question if u think its to personal)...
Original post by Chocolate2014
I like your determination :smile:

Thank you :smile:
I like people who motivate people... (just followed u)

Haha, thank you! I very rarely post anything genuinely useful but it's appreciated nonetheless :smile:
Taking GCSE business studies and IT (even thinking about it is embarrassing :colondollar:)

Wish I'd have taken maybe food tech and photography (or another language), the important subjects like English, Maths, the Sciences are compulsory and taking something creative would have been nice, plus learning to take good photos would have been cool too
Not trying harder at school. It'd be nice to speak 3 more languages and have some understanding of science.

I regret stuff I haven't done but don't really regret anything I have done as it's made me who I am and I've learned from my mistakes. Plus I'm a great believer in everything happening for a reason.
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Often I regret taking other people's advice, because sometimes they can be the wrong thing for me, so I wish I'd just let myself do things more without other people's approval, as I'd probably be more happy that way. I think now I'd rather make mistakes by following my heart and doing what I really wanted to do, than make mistakes following what other people tell me to do.

Same here
Original post by xOHarriet
Not trying harder at school. It'd be nice to speak 3 more languages and have some understanding of science.

I regret stuff I haven't done but don't really regret anything I have done as it's made me who I am and I've learned from my mistakes. Plus I'm a great believer in everything happening for a reason.

I believe that everything happens for a reason as well...
Not fighting back from what?
(U don''t have to answer my question if u think its to personal)...

From those trying to take advantage and abuse me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by donutaud15
From those trying to take advantage and abuse me

Posted from TSR Mobile

:frown: You can share your feelings with me if u want to...
Never sit in silence. Take a stand when you don't think somethings right and also, keep yourself to yourself. When people know too much about you, they often end up using it against you. This is until you realise your true friends which can be quite late in the day.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Did you want to apply for Medicine?

OP, I regret nothing :cool:

Vet med :tongue:
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
-Tell your loved ones that you love them, and don't let the sun go down on your arguments. You never know if you're going to see them again. Life's too short.

-If you want to get a degree, it's preferable to do so before you have children. It just makes life that bit less complicated if you do things in the "right" order.

-Having said that, this one is going to totally contradict the previous statement, because there's no perfect time for anything really. So make sure you don't put things off for too long otherwise you might never do them at all.

Are you ever gonna get a degree? Just curious :beard:

You make good points. I did at one point want a degree, but I didn't feel clever enough for one when I was younger, and I'm still not sure if I'm clever enough for one now.
never ever ever get in an argument with your head of 6th form. Also dont just go to 6th form because you think you should actually sit down and consider your options.
I regret not taking secondary school seriously enough. I still got good grades but I never put my heart into it and I could have been done with uni now and have a job maybe but instead I pissed about after school and that's me just going to uni. So basically, make the most of your school years and put your heart into your studies as you will regret it when you are older.
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Are you ever gonna get a degree? Just curious :beard:

You make good points. I did at one point want a degree, but I didn't feel clever enough for one when I was younger, and I'm still not sure if I'm clever enough for one now.

Unfortunately I can't afford to go back to uni, otherwise I would. I can't get another grant for tuition fees, they would class any application to finish my already-started degree as a new degree, and therefore I'd have to pay.
:frown: You can share your feelings with me if u want to...

Not much to share really :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not conquering social anxiety. Pretty much all my problems are a result of that. :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending