The Student Room Group

Chances of getting accepted through adjustment

I recently applied to university and im probably going to accept roehampton for business management. My predicted was AAC but roehampton want CCC. one of my A's is for a diploma and not for a proper A2. I got a B in maths GCSE but got a C for English GCSE. I want to apply to either queen Mary or royal holloway for adjustment in August for business management and was wondering if anyone knew whether I stood a good chance or not. Thanks
Why did you mention your gcse grades? Are you resitting gcses - if so then this could prevent you from using adjustment due to the timing of the results days.

Even the universities concerned can't be sure what vacancies they will have in august or what grades they will require. But if your firm offer is CCC and you get AAC then you will be eligible for adjustment. But adjustment only lasts 7 days so the gcse results would come through after adjustment closes.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Why did you mention your gcse grades? Are you resitting gcses - if so then this could prevent you from using adjustment due to the timing of the results days.

Even the universities concerned can't be sure what vacancies they will have in august or what grades they will require. But if your firm offer is CCC and you get AAC then you will be eligible for adjustment. But adjustment only lasts 7 days so the gcse results would come through after adjustment closes.

I'm not resitting my GCSEs but I just wanted to give as much information as possible because I know that GCSEs are also something that universities look at

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by r-t
I recently applied to university and im probably going to accept roehampton for business management. My predicted was AAC but roehampton want CCC. one of my A's is for a diploma and not for a proper A2. I got a B in maths GCSE but got a C for English GCSE. I want to apply to either queen Mary or royal holloway for adjustment in August for business management and was wondering if anyone knew whether I stood a good chance or not. Thanks

Queen Mary are always on clearing, let alone adjustment and for a lot of courses as well. You can easily get in with AAC for GCE A level. I know people who get into Queen Mary with B's and C's for GCE A level and into an AAB advertised course.
Original post by r-t
I'm not resitting my GCSEs but I just wanted to give as much information as possible because I know that GCSEs are also something that universities look at

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok. That's one less possible problem.

As the other reply says both universities are often in clearing/adjustment around the grades you're hoping for. Whether they would have vacancies in the subject you want is the bit that is hard to predict.

One issue with clearing and adjustment can be no accommodation guarantee - which I imagine could be an issue for either QM or RH depending on their recruitment across the board. So be prepared to negotiate - if you're in adjustment you are in a very strong position because you have a guaranteed place at you firm uni.

Keep an eye on TSR in the week before results - many universities release their clearing and adjustment vacancies on their websites in the run up to results day and we will have a thread linking to all those spaces (so you can find out about vacancies while you have time to research and do some thinking instead of everything being a rush on results day).
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2766660&p=49026398#post49026398 is the thread from last year. If you scroll through you can spot people linking to various unis as the week goes on and sometimes mention of the subjects they're advertising. There's a link too to the 2013 thread.
Reply 6
Thank for that it must have taken some time to write, yeh I have done my research so I don't end up panicking on the day and because I already live in London, accommodation isn't a problem for me as I can just live at home. I'm just worried because business management as it is quite a competitive course but thanks for your help and I will check out the other link.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending