The Student Room Group

WOuld you be in a relationship with someone without a phone?

Would you a partner who didn't have a phone?

Scroll to see replies

The people who'd say they would, are people who don't have a phone themselves. Its 2015, if you dont have a phone you are not normal, nor have you discovered the benefits of technology and in my eyes considered weird.
I don't have a phone, I don't want one. If I could find a girl without one I think I'd drop dead from infatuation.
Sure. If he had an Internet connection, we could still email, Skype etc.
Original post by lakkisakki
The people who'd say they would, are people who don't have a phone themselves. Its 2015, if you dont have a phone you are not normal, nor have you discovered the benefits of technology and in my eyes considered weird.

I have a mobile phone, but not a smartphone. And it's usually switched off. I like my quiet time, and don't want to be available to everyone 24/7.
Reply 5
It would be unusual but I don't think it would be a deal breaker... There are other ways to contact people so if I liked them I don't see why not
I have a phone but like to have it turned off or at home, so - yeah, I would.
In fact I think I have in the past.
I didn't have a phone until I was 27 when my ex threatened to dump me if I didn't get one. I hate phones. Someone can always reach you and give you jip or invite you to something and you can't pretend you lost the letter. It's all bleep bleep fecking bleep. 24 ****in 7. In fact I'd be much more incline to take a woman on the basis of her lack of phone.
Reply 8
Hmm probably not. I feel a bit weird saying that but your partner should be someone you can always reach, especially in an emergency and people dont always sit at their computer or their internet could go down so you would have no other way of getting in contact with them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't have a phone, it's fantastic! :biggrin: Annoys the **** out of people, mind you. :dontknow:

Sadly I'm applying for jobs now, and if I get one I suspect they'll need me to have one. But I shall resist until the bitter end :horse: - or until someone's daft enough to hire me!
Reply 10
I didnt have a phone when me and my boyfriend got together, and I only now got one, four months into the relationship. We're fine, so yeah I'd be in a relationship with someone who hasn't got a phone
Original post by SonofPeace
I don't have a phone, I don't want one. If I could find a girl without one I think I'd drop dead from infatuation.

Well hello :colone:
I would think they were odd, probably not unless she was hot and social (if you didn't have a phone it most likely states you aren't social)
Reply 13
Original post by lakkisakki

For me it probably wouldn't be a deal breaker but I agree that its unusual for someone to not at least have basic a mobile these days. Even my grandmother whose in her 90s has one and I know kids of primary school age who have them too.
Probably not. People who deliberately choose to exclude themselves from convenient elements of modern society are usually the same kind of people who irritate me in other aspects of life. They usually have some smug, self-important reason for 'opting out' of whichever convenient lifestyle it is.

No issue if someone doesn't have a smartphone, or doesn't want to constantly communicate (indeed, I much prefer a lady who's happy without constant texts/calls) but my world works in such a way as to make mobile communication a necessity. I'm not always at home, I travel long distances, I'm sometimes late or need to let people know where I am. I wouldn't totally change my lifestyle so I can send some pretentious numpty a letter three days in advance of our next meeting and then stress about how I'm supposed to let them know my train just got cancelled and I'm stuck in Stoke while they're sat 250 miles away, waiting for me in a restaurant in Glasgow.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Well hello :colone:

Sheldon Cooper, the man that married my dream woman.. Oh the agony.
NO!!!...that would be awkward,would he be like can you give me your house address?!ofcourse not?!!!
Sheldon Cooper, the man that married my dream woman.. Oh the agony.

I divorced him about a few hours ago
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I divorced him about a few hours ago

This is where most people would exchange numbers.

Take heed people.
This is where most people would exchange numbers.

Take heed people.

Yes but instead we shall correspond over pms :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending