The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

In direct response to the OP, yes, it COULD work.

I have a good friend who got with her now husband when she was 15 and he was 19.
Reply 21
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
It's illegal..

no it's not
Pervert. you are.
Let's be honest, even if it's illegal there are obviously people who've done it before but yeah wait for it to be legal. Especially if you don't want any legal issues and stuff.
Original post by candycaneland500
honestly i dont see a problem with this as long as they do not get sexual as she is still underage. age is not important if he really cares about her

Lol , age is evidently important. Oooh , she's 12 and im 17 but i love her smh.
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Lol , age is evidently important. Oooh , she's 12 and im 17 but i love her smh.

:rofl: they say love has no limits

Spoiler

Reply 26
if the guy is 19 he is going to end up on the sex offenders register
The age of consent is 16 in UK I'll just wait a year or so
#BorderlinePaedoGang

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LiquidGold
Why would you want to do this, just no.
Sure, you'll get people saying "oh this worked for so-and-so and they lasted so go for it', but in reality relationships between two people at that age are VERY unlikely to work out.
It's also illegal to do anything sexual with a 15 year old.
However supposedly mature a 15 year old may claim to be, they're really not.
As a 20 year old myself, i cant even comprehend going out with someone four years younger than me, it's just gross. They will be in a completely different stage of life, not even completed their gcses for heavens sake.
Also i cant imagine anyone you know will be pleased by the relationship, you're effectively going out with a child it's just wrong.
Also you have to question a 19 year old's motives for going out with a 15 year old - why cant he/she find someone their own age?

Posted from TSR Mobile

100% agree with you....... im 15 and ugh thats disgusting...... and the dudes 19 isnt it classed as pedophilia????
Reply 30
Original post by retupmoc627
I

If there's grass on the pitch, you're ready to play son.

You're probably going to get arrested...
Reply 31
It's quite a healthy age gap. Just wait until you are 16 before doing anything naughty with him.
Why wouldn't a 15 year old be able to have a stimulating conversation with a 19 year old? 15 year olds are perfectly capable of conversing about important/ interesting topics and suggesting otherwise is pretty narrow minded of you. Furthermore, age has nothing to do with maturity, I know teenagers that are way more mature than people in their twenties.
Reply 33
Watch out for her father, you dirty horse..
It's only a 4 year difference don't know y everyone's saying it's disgusting
Original post by ImaginaryIsobel
Why wouldn't a 15 year old be able to have a stimulating conversation with a 19 year old? 15 year olds are perfectly capable of conversing about important/ interesting topics and suggesting otherwise is pretty narrow minded of you. Furthermore, age has nothing to do with maturity, I know teenagers that are way more mature than people in their twenties.

I agree. And people talking about 15 yr olds and 19 yr olds being at massively different points in their lives - is that a joke? Both ages are young, (usually) studying, and relatively immature. There's not that much difference between the two.

That just seems like such an irrelevant thing to measure. What about if a 19 year old uni student dating a 19 year old, unemployed non-student, who lives at home, does no chores and doesn't pay bills? Would that also be unacceptable? No way it could work because one of them hasn't lived on their own and paid some bills, right?
Might not seem like a big age difference, like if you were 24 and she was 20. Same age difference, but you're worlds apart right now, and she's underage, so I'd say no.
Please actually think about it. She's going into sixth-form next year, you're at university. By the time she starts uni you'll probably have finished. You're always going to be a different life stages.

Now I replied to a similar thread a few weeks ago (let's face it, this kind of thread pops up every week) and some twit was telling me about her mate who got with a 30 year old when she was 17 and now they have a baby or something. This person was adamant that it can easily work out. Now I'm not judging her mate's decision but I'm under the impression that this girl hasn't done anything with her life since meeting the guy. Just had a kid. She essentially went from the life of a 17 year old to the life of a 30 year old.

If you managed to work out, cool, but I wouldn't put high hopes on it at all and definitely wouldn't pursue it until everyone is of legal age.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
Could the relationship work if the guy was at uni and the girl was in year 11

as others have said, why would you even want to date a minor?
Original post by RainbowKiwi
:rofl: they say love has no limits

Spoiler

:yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending