The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Klix88
And yet you haven't been able to contact her on Skype. If I was trying to disappear, I'd just open a new Skype account under a different name and not access the old one any more.

I haven't tried to contact her on Skype. What would I say if I did? Something like 'hello, erm, you didn't give me your new number'? :dontknow:
Reply 41
Original post by Anonymous
I haven't tried to contact her on Skype. What would I say if I did? Something like 'hello, erm, you didn't give me your new number'? :dontknow:

If you're desperate enough to try contacting her uni to get her details, why on earth wouldn't you have tried Skype first?

I'm inclined to agree with the "0/10". Also with the suggestion that you've probably been swapping pleasantries with a 43 year old called Barry who lives with his mum.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Klix88
If you're desperate enough to try contacting her uni to get her details, why on earth wouldn't you have tried Skype first?

I'm clearly not, since I didn't do it; I made this thread instead. I haven't tried Skype because I don't want to appear 'desperate' and thus lose my frame. I figured that it might be possible to anonymously contact her university and acquire the wanted information without her knowing.
Reply 43
I'm clearly not, since I didn't do it; I made this thread instead. I haven't tried Skype because I don't want to appear 'desperate' and thus lose my frame. I figured that it might be possible to anonymously contact her university and acquire the wanted information without her knowing.

That isn't desperate? Also, asking the internet about it??
Original post by Klix88
That isn't desperate? Also, asking the internet about it??

What do I have to lose, asking the internet anonymously? Think about it.
Reply 45

Lose my frame? What?

When you are at this stage you are beyond the point of desperate.
Reply 46
Original post by Gavin2016
What's to stop you just visiting the university? Most uni's you can just walk into into the daytime and no one knows who you are. Just find out the block where her subject is taught and surprise! right in the middle of her lecture. She'll no doubt be overjoyed that her long lost online friend managed to track her down :smile:

Why would you encourage the stalker ? Want to put an inoccent girl in harms way?
Original post by Mancini
Lose my frame? What?

When you are at this stage you are beyond the point of desperate.

Okay, perhaps I am desperate. But the fact is that I don't want to appear desperate. So instead of ridiculing me, how about you actually try to help me?
Reply 48
Okay, perhaps I am desperate. But the fact is that I don't want to appear desperate. So instead of ridiculing me, how about you actually try to help me?

Wtf are you going on about?

I've already told you that you are at a point beyond desperation , you have already appeared desperate once you are in the creepy stalker zone you are way beyond that point.

There is no real way to help you. I wouldn't encourage your pursuit of this girl, I would tell you to stop, get on with your life and let her go.
Original post by Mancini
I've already told you that you are at a point beyond desperation

Let's see, 'beyond desperate' is just a synonym for 'incredibly desperate' which really just comes back to being 'desperate'. :sigh:

Mancini
you have already appeared desperate once you are in the creepy stalker zone you are way beyond that point.

I haven't appeared as anything to her so far. If you're referring to yourself and the other readers of this thread, then yes I probably do appear to be very desperate. But that's fine, I don't care, which is the reason I asked here.
Original post by ruby420
Just move on, you'll forget about her eventually. Some people just cut you off out of nowhere.

But it feels like I wasted so much time on her.
There's a girl that I've been messaging online for quite a substantial amount of time, however she seems to have suddenly just disappeared from the face of the planet. I know which university she goes to; what she studies and which year she's in. Would it be creepy to send a email to her university to ask if she's an actual student there, which may confirm if I've been catfished or not?

not exactly hard to suss out a catfish, just ask her to FaceTime and if she says no after you've been speaking a significant amount of time then, you no the answer
Um if I talked to someone REGULARLY for 2 years and they just suddenly disappeared then I wouldn't hesitate to contact anyone who could give me some information.

But the fact that your not sure if your being catfished gives me the impression that you don't know her very well, so in that case, yes it may be creepy.
There's no point wondering about whether it would be creepy because data protection laws mean it would inevitably result in nothing
Original post by Cornflakes1688
not exactly hard to suss out a catfish, just ask her to FaceTime and if she says no after you've been speaking a significant amount of time then, you no the answer

I wouldn't want to FaceTime either to be fair.

TheonlyMrsHolmes
Um if I talked to someone REGULARLY for 2 years and they just suddenly disappeared then I wouldn't hesitate to contact anyone who could give me some information.

Finally, someone who's on my side! :laugh:

TheonlyMrsHolmes
But the fact that your not sure if your being catfished gives me the impression that you don't know her very well, so in that case, yes it may be creepy.

Well, we never had a voice or video conversation, but I never wanted to have one either. However, she was never as keen as me on meeting me physically, which was something that I was keen on.

But I think I knew her pretty well since we had many an all-nighter via instant messaging.

Perhaps it might be important to mention that prior to her disappearing from WhatsApp, I did ignore a message she'd sent me for 6 days. So I suppose, if we really were to over-analyse things, that it might be possible that she thought that I wouldn't be interested in receiving her new number. :holmes:
It is creepy to ask the university for her details. You sound quite attached to her. If she's just left you should let her go instead of searching for her. If she wants to talk to you again, she'll reach out to you when she can and explain why she wasn't in contact with you. Until then you should just accept that she won't be talking to you for quite some time now, maybe never again.
Original post by ParadisePursuit
If she wants to talk to you again, she'll reach out to you when she can and explain why she wasn't in contact with you. Until then you should just accept that she won't be talking to you for quite some time now, maybe never again.

Seems like the best advice. Thanks.
Who cares~ ?? Go for it!!! xd

"Cuando amor no es locura, no es amor"
But it feels like I wasted so much time on her.

Then I would suggest that you learn from this experience, and in future perhaps approach your seduction endgame with slightly greater urgency than a tectonic plate migration, or the entire plot-arc of Lost.
Original post by Profesh
Then I would suggest that you learn from this experience, and in future perhaps approach your seduction endgame with slightly greater urgency than a tectonic plate migration, or the entire plot-arc of Lost.

Tectonic plate migration gets my rep.

Latest

Trending

Trending