The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by Airmed
Yes, he probably is mentally ill, but he refuses to go see a GP; many have been telling him this for the past two years and he refuses to take any advice on board. Mental illness is not an excuse.

It is a reason. And I have seen people posting here 'get a ****ing life', 'you pathetic.' 'you freak'. Yeah thats very helpful an't it.
Original post by bbb93
So why don't you just stop posting and coming onto his threads then?

obsession is a horrible thing to have and for some people it is not as simple as just forgetting about it and moving on.

You dont sound very helpful at all with this 'just get a ****ing life'. 'you pathetic'. etc. Do you actually thinking speaking to someone like that is helping?

I have time to spare at the moment.

Which is why he needs professional help like I and dozens of others have said he should get for years and he has continuously lied and changed his story about getting help.

Some people say being told the harsh truth helped them get their act together, some people it doesn't. Either way at this point I don't care.
Reply 322
Original post by believeteam22
How will I ever recover from this? I just want to hide in a hole and never come out. I ruined everything. I am very stupid.

Why don't you go to the doctors?
Original post by Airmed
Yes, he probably is mentally ill, but he refuses to go see a GP; many have been telling him this for the past two years and he refuses to take any advice on board. Mental illness is not an excuse.

No. I think I am just obsessed with this girl now. The way she has treated me has just made it worse. I will go to the GP very soon I promise.
Original post by bbb93
It is a reason. And I have seen people posting here 'get a ****ing life', 'you pathetic.' 'you freak'. Yeah thats very helpful an't it.

No it's not. I'm mentally ill myself, more severe than this guy (I would never wish what I have on anyone, trust me) and yet I never use my mental health as an excuse. Not for my uni work, or my relationships with people.

I would suggest you go look at some of this user's past threads and then you can see why people are so frustrated.
Reply 325
Original post by SophieSmall
I have time to spare at the moment.

Which is why he needs professional help like I and dozens of others have said he should get for years and he has continuously lied and changed his story about getting help.

Some people say being told the harsh truth helped them get their act together, some people it doesn't. Either way at this point I don't care.

If you dont care if your advice helps him get better or not- why continue to posy? Surely you have something better to do than putting down a mentally ill person? Or does putting others down make you fell good about yourself?
No. I think I am just obsessed with this girl now. The way she has treated me has just made it worse. I will go to the GP very soon I promise.

More lies.

Actually go and stop saying you'll "go soon" or "there's a two week waiting list". That two week waiting list has lasted 2 years. Stop lying to us and stop lying to yourself.

You need to phone up and make an appointment tomorrow morning.
Original post by bbb93
Why don't you go to the doctors?

I did once before. But things got sorted out and I was ok for a few months so did not need to go again. That's why I did not go before. I will go again very soon.
Original post by bbb93
If you dont care if your advice helps him get better or not- why continue to posy? Surely you have something better to do than putting down a mentally ill person? Or does putting others down make you fell good about yourself?

Not at the moment no.

And some people should be made to feel ashamed of their actions, because they need to know they have to change.

Lol, "putting him down" I'm telling him the cold harsh truth and he needs to hear it. And it's not making me feel any better or any worse about myself. I say what needs to be said. I don't care at all if you don't like it or you think it's mean or will hurt his precious fee-fees. The boy needs to stop lying to himself and to us, stop making excuses and actually make a change. I have 0 sympathy or respect for him after all his lies and excuses.
Reply 330
Original post by Airmed
No it's not. I'm mentally ill myself, more severe than this guy (I would never wish what I have on anyone, trust me) and yet I never use my mental health as an excuse. Not for my uni work, or my relationships with people.

I would suggest you go look at some of this user's past threads and then you can see why people are so frustrated.

Mental health can have a huge negative affect in those areas.

I know he's been making threads for years. He is obsessed. He has a condition. Teling him to move on and calling him pathetic is not going to help- just make things worse. If he annoys you that much- just stop posting.
Reply 331
I did once before. But things got sorted out and I was ok for a few months so did not need to go again. That's why I did not go before. I will go again very soon.

Oh look I thought people said you weren't trying to help yourself?
Original post by bbb93
Mental health can have a huge negative affect in those areas.

I know he's been making threads for years. He is obsessed. He has a condition. Teling him to move on and calling him pathetic is not going to help- just make things worse. If he annoys you that much- just stop posting.

You don't need to tell me. It's so much fun writing essays while having a psychotic meltdown.

It does annoy me but I do want to help. I've suggested GP, counselling, as have many others. People have suggested hobbies, distractions, him focusing on his uni work, but he refuses to listen. He instead wonders how to talk to her. His question is 'how do I get over this girl?' The harsh reality is that he really doesn't want to. He refuses to and yet he makes such threads.
Reply 333
Original post by SophieSmall
Not at the moment no.

And some people should be made to feel ashamed of their actions, because they need to know they have to change.

Lol, "putting him down" I'm telling him the cold harsh truth and he needs to hear it. And it's not making me feel any better or any worse about myself. I say what needs to be said. I don't care at all if you don't like it or you think it's mean or will hurt his precious fee-fees. The boy needs to stop lying to himself and to us, stop making excuses and actually make a change. I have 0 sympathy or respect for him after all his lies and excuses.

Yeah you should be made to feel ashamed for your actions- you need to change.

Bet you one of these people that believe depress people just need a kick up the back side and are nothing but attention seekers. :rolleyes:

oh no he does not get the sympathy of a monster-- whatever will he do.
Original post by bbb93
Oh look I thought people said you weren't trying to help yourself?

He's been saying 'very soon' for the past two years. Can you blame people for mistrusting him?
Reply 335
Original post by Airmed
You need to phone up and make an appointment tomorrow morning.

then be prepared to be on a waiting list for 2 years.
Original post by bbb93
Yeah you should be made to feel ashamed for your actions- you need to change.

Bet you one of these people that believe depress people just need a kick up the back side and are nothing but attention seekers. :rolleyes:

oh no he does not get the sympathy of a monster-- whatever will he do.

Nah being depressed myself I know full well it's not something you get over, and it's not attention seeking behaviour. But I'm not stupid enough to think being depressed is an excuse to harass/stalk someone who isn't interested in me and has asked me to leave them alone or make excuses.

Lol, I have nothing to be ashamed of in regards to this. And if you're going to act all high and morally might you might not want to be a hypocrite and call me a monster. If you don't like my posts ignore them. I'm not changing.
Reply 337

Why do you still try and contact her?
Original post by bbb93
then be prepared to be on a waiting list for 2 years.

Not necessarily true. I was on the waiting list for a month for one service, and two months for another service (I moved countries). GPs can give out antidepressants. He can phone up mental health charities that offer counselling - yes, waiting lists, but at least he would be active in trying to get help. He needs it.
Reply 339
Original post by Airmed
You don't need to tell me. It's so much fun writing essays while having a psychotic meltdown.

It does annoy me but I do want to help. I've suggested GP, counselling, as have many others. People have suggested hobbies, distractions, him focusing on his uni work, but he refuses to listen. He instead wonders how to talk to her. His question is 'how do I get over this girl?' The harsh reality is that he really doesn't want to. He refuses to and yet he makes such threads.

But you just said mental health is not an excuse? It is a perfect excuse for ****ing up your life if it is that severe.

Why do you think he doesn't want to?

Latest

Trending

Trending