The Student Room Group

22 living with bully parents

I've recently come back from 4 years at uni and have started a full time job. However, when I come home my parents are always calling me fat, asking how much sugar/fat is in whatever I drink or eat. It's got to the point where I no longer eat at home. My dad is obssessed that the world is going to end and my mum is obsessed with me looking pretty but not because of guys - because she wants to boast to her sisters about me. My mum also goes through all my stuff - she had my bedroom "attire" folded on the kitchen chair for everyone to see!!! My upbringing has been terrible and full of abuse, social services and police. Does anyone know if there's any organisations that help with moving out from these situations? Like, I have the day off from work and all I can hear is my parents *****ing about me downstairs. I can't even get a drink without running up the stairs crying anymore. I just need pointers because it's becoming too much for me to handle by myself.
you're 22 and have a full time job - why can't you get your own place?
You really need to move out. Is there a friend or relative you can stay with until you find your own place?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Mayhem™
you're 22 and have a full time job - why can't you get your own place?

Literally just started the job and still £2k in overdraft so haven't got much money to move out. It also costs a fortune to move out with agency fees, deposits, first month rent, etc. like £1-2k :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
I've recently come back from 4 years at uni and have started a full time job. However, when I come home my parents are always calling me fat, asking how much sugar/fat is in whatever I drink or eat. It's got to the point where I no longer eat at home. My dad is obssessed that the world is going to end and my mum is obsessed with me looking pretty but not because of guys - because she wants to boast to her sisters about me. My mum also goes through all my stuff - she had my bedroom "attire" folded on the kitchen chair for everyone to see!!! My upbringing has been terrible and full of abuse, social services and police. Does anyone know if there's any organisations that help with moving out from these situations? Like, I have the day off from work and all I can hear is my parents *****ing about me downstairs. I can't even get a drink without running up the stairs crying anymore. I just need pointers because it's becoming too much for me to handle by myself.

Look on spareroom.com for rooms to rent with all inclusive bills etc and then just pack your stuff up and hire a taxi it won't cost loads
You are above 18 now, you can do whatever you want. Far as I see it is you have two options:

A) Live with it and spend your life trying to please your family.
B) Move out and do your own thing and try and forget about them.

Ball is in your court. Unfortunately in life you have to do best with the hand that you are dealt with.
Original post by Anonymous
Literally just started the job and still £2k in overdraft so haven't got much money to move out. It also costs a fortune to move out with agency fees, deposits, first month rent, etc. like £1-2k :frown:

oh okay, best option is to live it out for enough time and move out when possible then :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending