The Student Room Group

Does he like me or am I being paranoid?

Hi!
So I have a problem. I'm quite a shy girl, especially with strangers, and I also have social anxiety. When I started college I noticed this very good looking guy crossing the road as I was, near my college. A few weeks later, I see him in college and realise he's a student! I thought he might've been a second year student (as he looks a little older than me), but I'm in my second year now and he's still here which means he must've been a first year student. Each time we see each other in college or outside, we always do that stare thing where you both look at each other for like 10seconds or something (not creepy though). I'm looking at him because he's just a real sight for sore eyes, but I don't know if he's lookin at me for a similar reason or because of something else.

One time, we saw each other at the end of the college day and I was with my friends. He had come up from the fire escape stairs as I was near the main stairs and when he saw me he opted for a longer route down to the ground floor and walked behind my friends and I, EVEN THOUGH he could've went back the way he came.
Am I just being paranoid or was that something?

I really want to speak to him but I'm scared shitless and I might make a fool of myself. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do to make it easier to talk to him or for him to possibly approach me?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi!
So I have a problem. I'm quite a shy girl, especially with strangers, and I also have social anxiety. When I started college I noticed this very good looking guy crossing the road as I was, near my college. A few weeks later, I see him in college and realise he's a student! I thought he might've been a second year student (as he looks a little older than me), but I'm in my second year now and he's still here which means he must've been a first year student. Each time we see each other in college or outside, we always do that stare thing where you both look at each other for like 10seconds or something (not creepy though). I'm looking at him because he's just a real sight for sore eyes, but I don't know if he's lookin at me for a similar reason or because of something else.

One time, we saw each other at the end of the college day and I was with my friends. He had come up from the fire escape stairs as I was near the main stairs and when he saw me he opted for a longer route down to the ground floor and walked behind my friends and I, EVEN THOUGH he could've went back the way he came.

I really want to speak to him but I'm scared shitless and I might make a fool of myself. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do to make it easier to talk to him or for him to possibly approach me?

I've done that longer route thing 😂😂😂😂 it probably does mean something, as does the staring.

It can be difficult to make the first move so just smile, wave, and force him to have that first conversation (after which everything gets slightly less awkward)

Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hi!

Haven't we all felt paranoid at some point? haha dw i'm the worst to it. I believe that it either may be a coincidence or he wanted to try and talk to you, but since you were with your friends he may not want to approach you then. Maybe you could start it off simple just like asking him a random question like, 'do you know when the term/semester ends?' or something like that when you walk past him or just think of something on the spot when you see him. Maybe when you're feeling confident just go up to him? don't do it when you're **** scared just remember there are many people in the same situation and if he seems like a nice guy he definitely won't reject you, some guys like it when girls approach as that puts less pressure on them, but good luck :biggrin:
Reply 3
@EMILYYE @SeanFM

Hey, thanks for the reply! I'm glad I'm not just being silly about all that longer route and staring stuff!
I guess I'll use both tips. Nice gestures (smiling, etc) then I hope that can lead on to some sort of conversation!😄
Thank you again for the replies, I feel much better about it all!
Original post by SeanFM
I've done that longer route thing 😂😂😂😂 it probably does mean something, as does the staring.

It can be difficult to make the first move so just smile, wave, and force him to have that first conversation (after which everything gets slightly less awkward)

Good luck!

Not to hijack the thread but I'm in a similar situation to OP, having done what you suggested, ie smile, wave and had our first proper talk except now it's a lot more awkward to the point that seeing him is downright distressing. Everything changed after that one intimate talk. Our attraction has become a lot more intense and he is avoiding me now and flirting with other girls while looking at me to gauge my reaction. I am driven towards him but I'm terrified because of the mix signals he's giving me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending