The Student Room Group

When will my Grant come through?

My parents separated over the summer meaning my living circumstances changed. I applied fairly late and have received my student loan, however I haven't received my maintenance grant. They sent a letter home to my mum asking for a council tax bill to prove the circumstances have changed and she sent it off over a month ago. I've checked my student finance online and it says nothing about a pending grant or waiting for evidence, it just says my loan has been paid. Am I actually going to get my grant at all this term? I'm going deeper into my overdraft and I still have rent to pay and I'm getting worried.
Original post by john brantigan
My parents separated over the summer meaning my living circumstances changed. I applied fairly late and have received my student loan, however I haven't received my maintenance grant. They sent a letter home to my mum asking for a council tax bill to prove the circumstances have changed and she sent it off over a month ago. I've checked my student finance online and it says nothing about a pending grant or waiting for evidence, it just says my loan has been paid. Am I actually going to get my grant at all this term? I'm going deeper into my overdraft and I still have rent to pay and I'm getting worried.

Hi John,

It currently takes 22 working days to process that sort of evidence. So a little over 4 weeks. Check with your mum when it was sent.

If, after allowing for the time it takes to arrive through the post, it's gone past that timescale I'd advise giving us a call on 0300 100 0607 to check the progress of your application.

Regards,

Stuart
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending