The Student Room Group

Am I THAT ugly?

I wouldn’t say I’m the best looking, but I wouldn’t say I’m necessarily bad looking,so why do guys never check me out/be interested in me? Even guys that don’t personally know me dont look twice at me or attempt to get my attention yet they fawn over other girls

I know everyone is beautiful in their own way and all that stuff, I also know this is pretty shallow but I’m just confused???

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I wouldn’t say I’m the best looking, but I wouldn’t say I’m necessarily bad looking,so why do guys never check me out/be interested in me? Even guys that don’t personally know me dont look twice at me or attempt to get my attention yet they fawn over other girls

I know everyone is beautiful in their own way and all that stuff, I also know this is pretty shallow but I’m just confused???

The truth is they are probably afraid that you might accuse them of sexual harassment.

Society us now over-hyped that some guys are scared to approach or even acknowledge a woman. It is sad though.

My advice is to make yourself more approachable, so people know you are friendly and okay to hang out with.
Reply 2
Pics?

Nah I’m anon for a reason
Reply 3
Find new hobbies and meet new people with similar interests. Maybe you're not putting yourself out there enough.
Reply 4
not trying to put you down here but have you ever thought that you might not be an interesting person? no sense of humour, no personality?

are you sure you're looking at lads in your 'league'?

it ain't all about looks
Reply 5
Original post by Wired_1800
The truth is they are probably afraid that you might accuse them of sexual harassment.

Society us now over-hyped that some guys are scared to approach or even acknowledge a woman. It is sad though.

My advice is to make yourself more approachable, so people know you are friendly and okay to hang out with.

Thats the thing though, its the same guys that have no problem checking out other girls

I’m pretty sure I seem friendly, I’m always smiling etc. I don’t know what it could be other than my looks
Reply 6

That makes 0 sense, did you even read what she said?? She said that boys fawn over other girls and not her. Read her question before you just spew out some nonsense. How on earth will she make herself look more approachable??
Reply 7
Original post by r1fty
not trying to put you down here but have you ever thought that you might not be an interesting person? no sense of humour, no personality?

are you sure you're looking at lads in your 'league'?

it ain't all about looks

Guys pretty much ignore me before they even talk to me and get to know my personality...

I feel like the guys are in my league
You know my friend is quite pretty and some days she gets checked out a lot and other days she never gets checked out. just cos a guy doesn't check you out doesn't necessarily mean you are ugly. they're just not making the effort anymore, probably because most people use online dating to find someone now
Reply 9
I'm sure that you're beautiful. Even if you aren't the most attractive person in the world, you probably have a great personality and are a great person. If they can't see that then they aren't worth your time.
Reply 10
Guys pretty much ignore me before they even talk to me and get to know my personality...

I feel like the guys are in my league

have you tried talking to them first? just in a friendly manner
Be known for something other than your looks. Do you play a sport or musical instrument?
Nah I’m anon for a reason

Why are you asking if you're ugly then?
Original post by cactuss
That makes 0 sense, did you even read what she said?? She said that boys fawn over other girls and not her. Read her question before you just spew out some nonsense. How on earth will she make herself look more approachable??

Relax.

It is up to her. Some girls give off different vibes and dudes pick up on that. I know this for a fact from my own circle of friends.

It probably did not make sense to you, but it is an assumption. She clarified and has confirmed that was not the case.
Thats the thing though, its the same guys that have no problem checking out other girls

I’m pretty sure I seem friendly, I’m always smiling etc. I don’t know what it could be other than my looks

Ok. Have a think about it and then try again. Maybe you are just around the wrong people.

If you are who I think you are you've been told it's not your looks time and again
Original post by awkwardshortguy
If you are who I think you are you've been told it's not your looks time and again

I dont think youre thinking about me haha
I dont think youre thinking about me haha

Perhaps not, that person posted pics then so I don't see why they wouldn't now
Relax.

It is up to her. Some girls give off different vibes and dudes pick up on that. I know this for a fact from my own circle of friends.

It probably did not make sense to you, but it is an assumption. She clarified and has confirmed that was not the case.

You're right, I don't understand, I honestly don't think that anyone understood any of what you said. She didn't need to clarify, you just needed to be able to read.
I think you're not noticing those ninja/stealthy guys that low key check out girls (you included) so their mates/other people don't clock on to them....(basically me lmfao)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending