The Student Room Group

Why do I immediately cry over such tiny things?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
If I'm stressed I cry, if I can't understand one question on my homework I cry, if someone talks to me in a slightly raised tone of voice I can already feel the tears starting to well up. Why is this? I feel so stupid and weak but I literally cannot help it :frown:

THats a really common emotion to experience. But when you belittle yourself and refer to yourself as stupid and weak, that isn’t kind to yourself. Sometimes people are just more sensitive and emotional and that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

From my personal experience, I’d say sensitivity is often linked to anxiety or worry or, in my typical case, having a dad with a terrifying temper.

My advice, when you are in the midst of crying and feel the self-loathing rising up, try to distract or change your thought process. In the case of the homework and feeling confused, take a step back, take 3 deep breaths with your eyes shut, and have a look at a different question or another subject. Sometimes just changing your focus can provide clarity. And if you still don’t understand the question, maybe raise it later with a teacher or talk to a classmate and ask for help. If you don’t reach out for help, nothing changes.

I’m not qualified or capable of offering proper help to you, but I hope I at least provided some advice that you might want to try. Also regardless of what other people comment in here, I think it’s really good that you reached out on here, because it’s a sign you want help. But perhaps, if possible, reach out to a family member or friend who might be able to support you, since it seems like you have a lot of pent up worry. Best of luck! 😊
As you grow up you'll realise most of the things you cry/argue about isn't that deep. Do you not realise you're crying over something so little whilst you're crying, it's not worth it luv'.
Reply 22
Original post by _princessxox
I got a parking ticket and cried my way out of it

Raaah what madness you're such a brat princess
If this aint me *sigh*
I got a parking ticket and cried my way out of it

how?
probably low self esteem since you're calling yourself stupid and weak lol.

I can't watch sad movies or videos where people get injured though because that upsets me a lot. Some people just feel emotions more. More empathetic etc.
Original post by Ezio_
Raaah what madness you're such a brat princess

Only sometimes :smile:

Original post by ChickenMadness
how?

The warden was writing a ticket and I started crying and told him that my boyfriend just broke up with me so he let me off
Only sometimes :smile:

The warden was writing a ticket and I started crying and told him that my boyfriend just broke up with me so he let me off

lmao.
Well, you don't know me then, i don't cry over anything. I guess i am built differently

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending