The Student Room Group

How do women date so easily in this day and age?

Scroll to see replies

I completely agree with everyone else you can't just expect things to fall in your lap magically sometimes you have to take the first step.

Approach some guys I guarantee you would have some positive outcomes.
21 and haven't dated a single person till now. not because i don't want to rather people don't want to have me. so yeah, my life is all sad and lonely. i m happy for those you get to date frequently.
Original post by loveleest
I can go months and months without getting approached though?
If I have to make the first move then that would mean making the first move ALL the time

i guess you're just not approachable. lol.
Reply 23
Original post by num.7
i guess you're just not approachable. lol.

I am very approachable.
Reply 24
And please stop telling me to approach first guys- It's just not going to happen.
I am very approachable.

have you ever had anyone have a crush on you?
And please stop telling me to approach first guys- It's just not going to happen.

Why should the guy be the one to make the first move then? :biggrin: Times change and it seems dating has changed also. If you want something (or someone in this case) you've got to actively go after it rather than expecting it to fall into your lap.
Reply 27
Original post by wqaf
They dont approach you because you're not the catch you think you are.
Stop expecting everyone else to do the heavy lifting

What does that mean?

I think the problem here is you, not women in general
Reply 29
My question was aimed at women. Women where you at though??
Maybe it's just me but dating today, specifically for women seems so difficult. I really don't understand how women date today because I feel like the "dating culture" has changed. Guys now are expecting women to make the first moves, ask for dates etc. It's so hard to meet guys, and talk to them.

You've misconstrued men here. In most circles it's still the guy that does the asking generally. 2 reasons they may not approach you specifically would be that either they're too scared to or they're just not actually interested in you. I've never met a man that expects the woman to go approach him without him doing anything. Having those sorts of requirements seems to be a purely female trait, with one example being... you.

Original post by sinfonietta
Have you tried approaching them?

no lol.

If guys aren't approaching you when you think you might be interested, you can approach. That's how "dating culture has changed". Women approaching is now regarded as more normal, and that's it really. There's no reason for you to not do it, and if not approaching is directly hindering your chances then you're really just shooting yourself in the foot.

I can go months and months without getting approached though?
If I have to make the first move then that would mean making the first move ALL the time

That's largely what being a male is like. Welcome to the world of equality.
Original post by CTLevers
Why should the guy be the one to make the first move then? :biggrin: Times change and it seems dating has changed also. If you want something (or someone in this case) you've got to actively go after it rather than expecting it to fall into your lap.

She's entitled and doesn't want to take responsibility when it comes to starting a relationship. Expects it to be handed to her.
Wants men to do the work and will whinge when they aren't interested in her instead of trying to fix the problem.
Original post by Black Cat
I completely agree with everyone else you can't just expect things to fall in your lap magically sometimes you have to take the first step.

Approach some guys I guarantee you would have some positive outcomes.

Too true.

Also OP, to be approached or asked out by people you know, you need to be a full package, interesting and attractive.

I agree with what the other dude says. You aren't the catch you think you are, you probably have friends who reinforce your belief about how great you are and that's normal. Your friends aren't gonna say "Hey maybe you should change", they're going to kiss your ass.

Also the fact you've **** the bed and decided you want women only to answer, cos women are more likely to pander to you, shows you are clueless lol and can't take criticism.

You get one shot at life and this is what you choose to be 🙄
Reply 33
Original post by somemightsay888
Too true.

Also OP, to be approached or asked out by people you know, you need to be a full package, interesting and attractive.

I agree with what the other dude says. You aren't the catch you think you are, you probably have friends who reinforce your belief about how great you are and that's normal. Your friends aren't gonna say "Hey maybe you should change", they're going to kiss your ass.

Also the fact you've **** the bed and decided you want women only to answer, cos women are more likely to pander to you, shows you are clueless lol and can't take criticism.

You get one shot at life and this is what you choose to be 🙄

No, that is BS. There are average, below average women, overweight women in very happy relationships.
There are boring women, rude women, narcissistic women in relationships.
I know you bought that up to make me feel bad though
I said women to answer because it's just men giving me the same advice over and over. Also my question was actually directed at women, first of all.
My question was aimed at women. Women where you at though??

I'm a woman and I agree with the men in this thread honestly.
No, that is BS. There are average, below average women, overweight women in very happy relationships.
There are boring women, rude women, narcissistic women in relationships.
I know you bought that up to make me feel bad though
I said women to answer because it's just men giving me the same advice over and over. Also my question was actually directed at women, first of all.

They may seem boring to you but to others they're not. They must have something about them, relationships aren't public information. You seem honestly very bitter that women who you feel you're 'better' than are happier than you. I didn't bring it up to make you feel bad but if you do it's evidently struck a nerve. I don't think you'll listen to anything anyone says here to be honest. Just those who reinforce your beliefs. You'll be whining and *****ing until you're 40 while your friends get into happy relationships and you will still be "B-b-but where have all the good men gone" 🙄🙄🙄
Original post by sinfonietta
I'm a woman and I agree with the men in this thread honestly.

Lmao, rekt.
@loveleest ,

do you even talk to guys at all?

are you expecting guys to approach you on the streets, shops, wherever? most guys don't approach that way because most of the time they have other things to be doing. those that don't and have the balls to do so (which, no surprise, most don't), they go approach but they only approach girls, who stand out from everyone else - meaning, 10/10, plays an instrument, helping someone out or something that makes them go - holy ****, i want to know this person!

from what i've seen, most relationships start out from friends of friends, meeting up at palces of common interests, work colleagues... because it's simply easier that way. once you're talking and getting to know each other, you move onto being flirtious and playful (not ambigious flirting, where smiling is consider flirting. lol), showing clear intent that there's a possibility that more could develop. now, most guys know that, women are too much of a pussy to approach or eat too much bulshit from women magazines about how you'll be seen desperater or wahtever so if they're interested, they're going to ask you out. if they don't, they're either not interested or just can't see the signs, which could possible mean that you're just being too ambigious.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by somemightsay888
I don't think you'll listen to anything anyone says here to be honest. Just those who reinforce your beliefs. 🙄🙄🙄

british men are too pussy to approach and other nation men are real men. there, i said what she wants to hear.

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by num.7
@loveleest ,

do you even talk to guys at all?

are you expecting guys to approach you on the streets, shops, wherever? most guys don't approach that way because most of the time they have other things to be doing. those that don't and have the balls to do so (which, no surprise, most don't), they go approach but they only approach girls, who stand out from everyone else - meaning, 10/10, plays an instrument, helping someone out or something that makes them go - holy ****, i want to know this person!

from what i've seen, most relationships start out from friends of friends, meeting up at palces of common interests, work colleagues... because it's simply easier that way. once you're talking and getting to know each other, you move onto being flirtious and playful (not ambigious flirting, where smiling is consider flirting. lol), showing clear intent that there's a possibility that more could develop. now, most guys know that, women are too much of a pussy to approach or eat too much bulshit from women magazines about how you'll be seen desperater or wahtever so if they're interested, they're going to ask you out. if they don't, they're either not interested or just can't see the signs, which could possible mean that you're just being too ambigious.

I don't really care where guys approach me. The last guy that approached me, which was almost 3 months ago, approached me at some computer repair shop. Men are going to accuse me of not trying but I do. I have tried to show signs etc but nothing seems to happen. I've even tried to give guys chances that I wasn't that interested in at first.
Well, I don't have an active social circle so that isn't an option.
Reply 39
And no I am not going to make the first move all the time. It's pathetic.
Quite frankly, I would rather die alone than to chase after guys and I am being serious.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending