The Student Room Group

long residence

i will be applying through the long residency criteria and at the moment i have all eveidence apart from march 2011- march 2012. i have tried to find evidence but not being successfull because i wasnt working or studying during that period. i have bank statements for this specific date but no transaction activity at all shows that my account was being used during this period.

i have no utility bills, council tax bills, payslips, notifications from HMRC. I wasnt living with my parents at that time either but was registered with my GP.

i have met the 3 year status criteria because i have had my status granted over 3 years now. Is there any other evidence student finance will be able to accept because it is quite hard to get evidence that covers half of your life in the UK espically knowing that you are entitled but wont be accepted becuse of missing documents.
Original post by johnny9765
i will be applying through the long residency criteria and at the moment i have all eveidence apart from march 2011- march 2012. i have tried to find evidence but not being successfull because i wasnt working or studying during that period. i have bank statements for this specific date but no transaction activity at all shows that my account was being used during this period.

i have no utility bills, council tax bills, payslips, notifications from HMRC. I wasnt living with my parents at that time either but was registered with my GP.

i have met the 3 year status criteria because i have had my status granted over 3 years now. Is there any other evidence student finance will be able to accept because it is quite hard to get evidence that covers half of your life in the UK espically knowing that you are entitled but wont be accepted becuse of missing documents.

Hi Johnn9765,

I can certainly appreciate how hard it can be to provide all the evidence for long residency.

Below is a list of evidence that we can definitely accept if were under 18 at the time:

residency.png

If you don't have any of the evidence that is on that list, the best thing to do is send what you can, along with a cover letter explaining your situation. There is discretion as to what can be accepted and what can't so this will be reviewed by an assessor and a decision can be made.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,

John.
Reply 2
the period in question is when i was over the age of 18 NOT under the age of 18, so dont know if documents are different. Would my bank statements not showing regular activities along with GP correspondence be enough evidence to prove that period?
Original post by johnny9765
the period in question is when i was over the age of 18 NOT under the age of 18, so dont know if documents are different. Would my bank statements not showing regular activities along with GP correspondence be enough evidence to prove that period?

Hi johnny,

If you don't have any of the evidence that is on that list, the best thing to do is send what you can, along with a cover letter explaining your situation. There is discretion as to what can be accepted and what can't so this will be reviewed by an assessor and a decision can be made.

The list of acceptable evidence that John has given is for over the age of eighteen at the time.

If you don't have any of the evidence that is on that list, the best thing to do is send what you can, along with a cover letter explaining your situation.

There is discretion as to what can be accepted and what can't so this will be reviewed by an assessor and a decision can be made.

Thanks Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending