The Student Room Group

Tried to report girl to police but I get interrogated?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IWMTom
I look into the number plates of morons I catch on my dashcam who have annoyed me to see if they're driving legally - is my behaviour dodgy?

Did you read the OP? This person checked up on a person they have a grudge against, nothing to prompt worry about reckless driving.

If they had seen them driving erratically, then looking into it would be fair enough. This wasn’t the case. They went after a specific person, not a moron in their dashcam.
Original post by cat_mac
Did you read the OP? This person checked up on a person they have a grudge against, nothing to prompt worry about reckless driving.

If they had seen them driving erratically, then looking into it would be fair enough. This wasn’t the case. They went after a specific person, not a moron in their dashcam.

It's still targeting someone that annoyed you, regardless of how they annoyed you, no?
Original post by IWMTom
It's still targeting someone that annoyed you, regardless of how they annoyed you, no?

If you do checks into every area of a person you have beef with, that’s creepy. How much of this persons life did OP go through until they found something they could land them in sh*te for? Their beef doesn’t seem to be about cars and seems to be years old. Being afraid of the police looking into them doesn’t give the impression of the saint you lot are painting.

The amount of people not finding this dodgy is concerning. Whether of not OP found something incriminating, it’s still worth questioning their motive. They weren’t looking into the car because of bad driving, they said themself they only ever saw this person in a car during a driving lesson. Something else drove them to creep on her (pun intended).
Reply 103
Original post by Rabbit2
Perhaps he/she pays their tax(es), and feels everyone else should do likewise - rather than getting a 'free ride' on their taxes. I'd sort of feel the same way myself, actually.

Yes but individuals just picking on people is the point I'm making. Sounds like OP has nothing better to do than report people.
Reply 104
Original post by cat_mac
If you do checks into every area of a person you have beef with, that’s creepy. How much of this persons life did OP go through until they found something they could land them in sh*te for? Their beef doesn’t seem to be about cars and seems to be years old. Being afraid of the police looking into them doesn’t give the impression of the saint you lot are painting.

The amount of people not finding this dodgy is concerning. Whether of not OP found something incriminating, it’s still worth questioning their motive. They weren’t looking into the car because of bad driving, they said themself they only ever saw this person in a car during a driving lesson. Something else drove them to creep on her (pun intended).

Yeah people just don't seem to see it and I couldn't find the words to express my point.
Original post by cat_mac

Yes, OP has a grudge against the other person, but they found something wrong and reported it as they rightly should - we all hold grudges, and we all try to get back at people; it's only human.
Original post by The PoliticalGuy
An untaxed car a car that doesn't have MOT or insurance is a danger to the roads and could cost people their lives.
It is the fault of the owner of the car for failing on these matter when it is a legal requirement, if they cannot meet these terms then they should not be driving.
By your logic if I see a child getting raped by a old man I should let him do it and not call the police because it is "not your problem", or "infringing the lives of others" and also "it isn't my job".

Yeah, but going round all your female friends checking if they've been raped and then reporting that to the police is highly irregular.
Original post by Anonymous
So there is this girl that I didn't get on with years back but haven't really had any beef with her recently. Anyway I like finding out the history and specs on people's cars, and her car has been untaxed for over a year, and no MOT for months as well.

She drives it (or at least I assume so because I once saw her in a driving lesson, and the car seems to be randomly moved when I walk past her house from school)

I had let her know that she hadn't any tax (DVLA makes mistakes, yaknow?) about 6 months ago or something? Anyway she didn't act on it. I just randomly decided to check her reg plate yesterday and *boom* I saw the horror.

Reported it to the police on 101 as instructed by the DVLA website and the guy first said it wasn't a police matter and it was for the DVLA. I tried to tell him the DVLA themselves said it wasn't for them and had instructed me to ring 101. Then he tries taking down the details of her address and my address which I give but he then he keeps questioning me about why I am checking people's reg plates, if I check her plates often etc. etc. and I know he is trying to get me to slip up and make me out to be a stalker. Okay not a normal activity but I'm not stalking anyone! He keeps on being quite unfair, making *ME* out to be in the wrong when I'm trying to do the right thing.

Then he asks for her reg plate and I didn't want to fall into his trap because I knew he was trying so hard to make it seem like I am a stalker.

So now I feel really awful, I'm worried the police are going to come for me, and a dangerous driver IS NOT HAVING ANY JUSTICE!!!!!!

Wasnt that deep, like it wasnt any of your business and anyways why are you even preeing ppls car plates for? Yh it might be a hobby but you can get others in trouble for that.
No it's not. This is very low level 'crime' and encouraging this sneaky behaviour helps to damage society, not enhance it. It simply divides at a local level and gives authority thousands of sneaky little spies which destroys trust among people. For more extreme example see USSR and Germany in 30s and 40s.Save reporting for something more serious, not jaywalking or similar.
I hope the police see you for what you truly are you treacherous succubus. You faithless hagraven. Suck me. Have a nice day
lol it is kinda ******ed
Original post by GStevens
Yes it. it is petty and small minded and you are coming across increasingly as a pompous little **** with a personality disorder.
If someone annoys you (and I'm guessing your threshold is very low) just swear under your breath and move on.
If this stuff has such an influence on your mood perhaps you should seek help. Just suck it up and move on.

ps it's becoming increasing likely that PompousTom, the school sneak, is actually the hand inside the sock puppet who started this thread. Tompous just wanted to air his little vendetta against this person and have his mean minded actions validated.

Yeah, totally my thread isn't it mate. I submit dashcam footage to YouTubers as many others do - it's pretty standard stuff to have a look at the plate to check it out. Calm tf down.
Original post by IWMTom
I look into the number plates of morons I catch on my dashcam who have annoyed me to see if they're driving legally - is my behaviour dodgy?

It's weirdly petty and spiteful. As I asked OP, why do you have the time on your hands to conduct private investigations into someone who irritated you for maybe two or three minutes of your day?
Original post by TimmonaPortella
It's weirdly petty and spiteful. As I asked OP, why do you have the time on your hands to conduct private investigations into someone who irritated you for maybe two or three minutes of your day?

It takes 30 seconds to have a quick look, just out of curiosity.

The odd time, you'll actually find someone who's 7 months overdue on their MOT where the last failure was a bad suspension strut weaving in and out of traffic at 85+ on a busy M1!
Original post by IWMTom
It takes 30 seconds to have a quick look, just out of curiosity.

The odd time, you'll actually find someone who's 7 months overdue on their MOT where the last failure was a bad suspension strut weaving in and out of traffic at 85+ on a busy M1!

I can see you're getting a lot of flack for your view but I think you're holding yourself steady. People can have a strong moral compass and if they do that's fine. Keep it up.

If someone was tax dodging and gets reported - great! More money for the economy since we should all chip in.

If someone is driving around with no MOT, then that's blatantly serious and petty or not, what is being done is wrong.

Who decides whether a crime is "petty" or not? A crime is a crime!
I'm loving the amount of people which are defending a law breaker. I'm sure if they were in OP's position, they'd do the exact same thing. Smh.
Original post by ANM775
stop being such a snake and leave the damn girl alone....

wow,your comment has 40 likes?! disgusted, this society is so messed up.
Why are people being so defensive and telling OP to leave her alone? I thought that someone who didn't pay insurance nor has had an MOT recently would be a danger to the public? I've been surprised by the things that have come up on my Dad's MOT which could have caused problems if he hadn't have had an MOT.
Original post by oohsneha
wow,your comment has 40 likes?! disgusted, this society is so messed up.

:biggrin:
Original post by The PoliticalGuy
An untaxed car a car that doesn't have MOT or insurance is a danger to the roads and could cost people their lives.
It is the fault of the owner of the car for failing on these matter when it is a legal requirement, if they cannot meet these terms then they should not be driving.
By your logic if I see a child getting raped by a old man I should let him do it and not call the police because it is "not your problem", or "infringing the lives of others" and also "it isn't my job".

Whilst I can see the point you're trying to make, I think comparing an untaxed etc car to child rape by a paedophile is just wrong, both because the two are in no way similar to link the two and it's insulting to even suggest so

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending