The Student Room Group

Girl I barely know. Want to ask her on a date. Advice please?

Hey guys
So I've met this girl at work (I say work, we work in the same building but for different companies. I worknights and she works evenings, I only see her a couple of times a week(if I'm lucky) but I always a chat with her (twice or three times in total) before she goes home and I get my coffee off her.

But I really like her, she's single, really pretty.and my friend works with her says shes really nice and kind

How would you guys go about asking her to go somewhere and what would you suggest doing? Dinner, bars - few drinks or whatever?

Looking forward to seeing what you guys suggest :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Does she work evenings every day? Normally I'd say suggest doing something after work but that doesn't seem like an option. Next time you stop and talk to her ask if she would like to hang out this weekend and suggest going for a drink. Dinner might be a bit formal and there might be too much pressure if you hardly know each other. Up to you though, depends on how good your chat is. But yeah I'd say keep it low key and simple for the first date, and then if you get a second date you can amp it up and do something a bit more fun.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Does she work evenings every day? Normally I'd say suggest doing something after work but that doesn't seem like an option. Next time you stop and talk to her ask if she would like to hang out this weekend and suggest going for a drink. Dinner might be a bit formal and there might be too much pressure if you hardly know each other. Up to you though, depends on how good your chat is. But yeah I'd say keep it low key and simple for the first date, and then if you get a second date you can amp it up and do something a bit more fun.

Thanks for the reply. As far as I am aware she does Thursday to Sunday and she did do a Morning shift on Friday, so it might change some what. She also goes to college the days shes not at work.
I work Sunday to Thursday but that's gonna change so every other week I will be most likely having Wednesday and Thursday off then on for the rest of the week, since there is a new guy starting nights at my place.

The unfortunate thing about my town there isn't a whole lot to do besides food, cinema, pubs/bars, bowling was a thing but theyre reallocating so that's out of business for the time being

Or maybe if asking her on a date straight doesn't seem viable, what about just asking for her number or contact Info
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
You can ask her casually if she would like to have drinks with you after work. I'm sure she'll get the hint.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending