The Student Room Group

Mcdonalds Notice Period

So I have been working at McDonald's for two weeks now and it is terrible. So I was just wondering, because im not contracted and im on a 6 month probation period, how long is the notice period? Can I just say it's not for me and leave? Or do I have to hand in my notice period to the manager?
think it’s two weeks? just give up all your shifts during that time though. what don’t you like about it btw?
Reply 2
Who really wants to be flipping burgers? Idk man. The training they gave me was god awful, had some ******* make me do his jobs while he sat back and did the easy ****. They're always asking you to do more hours than you can. You get shouted at for making mistakes even though your still new at the job. Its the most mentally draining job I've ever had and I really don't want to go to my shift tomorrow 😂
Original post by lonewolfiee
So I have been working at McDonald's for two weeks now and it is terrible. So I was just wondering, because im not contracted and im on a 6 month probation period, how long is the notice period? Can I just say it's not for me and leave? Or do I have to hand in my notice period to the manager?

if you are casual you can quit at the end of any shift (but if u have been working 7 months or more 1 weeks notice, longer is 2 weeks)
if you are part time 2 weeks notice
Who really wants to be flipping burgers? Idk man. The training they gave me was god awful, had some ******* make me do his jobs while he sat back and did the easy ****. They're always asking you to do more hours than you can. You get shouted at for making mistakes even though your still new at the job. Its the most mentally draining job I've ever had and I really don't want to go to my shift tomorrow 😂

its a good job if you dont mind getting **** for absolulty noting and the pay is not bad but am in the same boat...im handing in my resignation tomorrow!
Reply 5
Original post by RickmanAlways
its a good job if you dont mind getting **** for absolulty noting and the pay is not bad but am in the same boat...im handing in my resignation tomorrow!

I've got a job interview soon so fingers crossed ill get that before I leave 😅
I've got a job interview soon so fingers crossed ill get that before I leave 😅

hahahahaha good luck!!!
(TBH i wanted to get a job before i left but the fact theat managers are being d i c k he a d s to me im like NUP IM OUTTA HEEEEEEEERE!)
Reply 7
Original post by RickmanAlways
hahahahaha good luck!!!
(TBH i wanted to get a job before i left but the fact theat managers are being d i c k he a d s to me im like NUP IM OUTTA HEEEEEEEERE!)

tbh if it was really bad I would just walk out and leave 😂
tbh if it was really bad I would just walk out and leave 😂

Yeah, only problem is i live in a small town with limited job oppertunities so i need a reference! and McD employees would talk **** round town which i dont really want rn hahahah
At this level, jobs don't reference. I've quit jobs by just not showing up, and it's never come back to bite me.

Its 2 weeks

Just found out off my friend whos been working there for a while that if you have been working there for less than 3 months you could practically just not turn up for work😅
Just found out off my friend whos been working there for a while that if you have been working there for less than 3 months you could practically just not turn up for work😅

That what my boyfriend did (he worked at McDonalds with me also) he got a bad rep within the store but who cares! Its maccas!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending