The Student Room Group

Qualifying for student finance

Hi. I am in my first year of studying and I live in student accommodation. I qualified for the maximum tuition loan and maintenance loan. Next year in my second year of my degree I am going to move in with my boyfriend instead of going back home to my parents house and I was wondering how this would affect what student finance I will receive? Will it then be based and calculated on HIS earnings or still my parents earnings as to how much maintenance loan I receive? I currently have a part time job working 1 day a week so I do not have enough money to support myself financially. Thanks for the help.
Original post by KD97x
Hi. I am in my first year of studying and I live in student accommodation. I qualified for the maximum tuition loan and maintenance loan. Next year in my second year of my degree I am going to move in with my boyfriend instead of going back home to my parents house and I was wondering how this would affect what student finance I will receive? Will it then be based and calculated on HIS earnings or still my parents earnings as to how much maintenance loan I receive? I currently have a part time job working 1 day a week so I do not have enough money to support myself financially. Thanks for the help.

Hi,

We would still income assess you using your parents household income if you are under 25.

Thanks, Duncan
Reply 2
Hi Duncan

Okay thanks for the help!

(Original post by Duncan SFE)Hi,

We would still income assess you using your parents household income if you are under 25.

Thanks, Duncan
Original post by KD97x
Hi Duncan

Okay thanks for the help!

(Original post by Duncan SFE)Hi,

Thanks, Duncan

You're welcome!

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards, Duncan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending