The Student Room Group

Parents Learning Allowance

Could anyone tell me if I qualify for the single parents learning grant whilst studying on a salaried schools direct place? I have just finished my 3 year degree completed whilst working full time and have received the parents learning grant each year. I cannot find any information to see if I can apply this year whilst doing my schools direct placement starting September. Many thanks for any help!
Original post by claremsalter
Could anyone tell me if I qualify for the single parents learning grant whilst studying on a salaried schools direct place? I have just finished my 3 year degree completed whilst working full time and have received the parents learning grant each year. I cannot find any information to see if I can apply this year whilst doing my schools direct placement starting September. Many thanks for any help!

Hello Clare,

If you’re studying on a salaried School Direct course then you’ll still be able to apply for Parents Learning Allowance. You can to do this by applying online as in previous years.

Thanks, Erin N.
Hi Erin

Thank you for this . I applied as you suggested and have had a letter saying as I have a salaried schools direct place I am not eligible for the Parents Learning Allowance? I am in exactly the same position as the previous years where I was receiving a salary whilst studying and still received the allowance? In actual fact my costs are higher this year as I have a lot of travelling involved with training and travel to Oxford Brooks uni , could you help please? Many thanks Clare
Original post by SFE Erin N
Hello Clare,

If you’re studying on a salaried School Direct course then you’ll still be able to apply for Parents Learning Allowance. You can to do this by applying online as in previous years.

Thanks, Erin N.
Hi Clare,

We would recommend contacting us via social media so we can look into this in more details by accessing your account?

Thanks, Angela.
Thank you, how do I go about this please?
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi Clare,

We would recommend contacting us via social media so we can look into this in more details by accessing your account?

Thanks, Angela.
Original post by claremsalter
Thank you, how do I go about this please?

Hi,

You can private message us on either Twitter or Facebook.

Regards, Aisha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending