The Student Room Group

Is the word 'lessa' rude/offensive to call someone?

To call a lesbian?
Maybe don't call them anything that might be considered offensive. Just call them lesbians, because that's what they are?

CC @CoolCavy the only lesbian I know on TSR
Reply 2
Someone text me saying 'dirty lezza' :frown:

(I cried myself to sleep that night)
Original post by Anonymous
Someone text me saying 'dirty lezza' :frown:

(I cried myself to sleep that night)

I'm so sorry that happened to you. Attached to the word 'dirty', it's definitely an insult. Maybe tell them not to call you that, and if they continue, report it to someone who has authority to stop them.
Reply 4
it is offensive
Reply 5
Original post by Glaz
I'm so sorry that happened to you. Attached to the word 'dirty', it's definitely an insult. Maybe tell them not to call you that, and if they continue, report it to someone who has authority to stop them.

Thank you:smile:
It was a family member too....
Right after I came out to the family.
My family laughed when I said I was lesbian. They seem to think they do not exist and that not talking about LGBT community will eliminate their existence.

Then just as I was going to bed, my younger sister text me saying 'dirty lezza' with 2 emojis: one of a homosexual couple and another of a woman wearing a headscarf. (I'm Muslim).

Nothing I could do about it. I woke up today and everyone is normal, as if yesterdays conversation didnt happen. Again they're all in denial. And not willing to accept it.
My family laughed when I said I was lesbian. They seem to think they do not exist and that not talking about LGBT community will eliminate their existence.

Then just as I was going to bed, my younger sister text me saying 'dirty lezza' with 2 emojis: one of a homosexual couple and another of a woman wearing a headscarf. (I'm Muslim).

Nothing I could do about it. I woke up today and everyone is normal, as if yesterdays conversation didnt happen. Again they're all in denial. And not willing to accept it.

That's extremely toxic, and you need to get away from them as soon as possible. How old are you? Can you move out?
Reply 7

considering you are a muslim family i'd say you got a pretty good reaction if that's all that happened.

still though, can't be nice being called that. but like i said, it could have been a lot worse..
Reply 8
Original post by Glaz
That's extremely toxic, and you need to get away from them as soon as possible. How old are you? Can you move out?

I'm 20. Yet not able to move out until after marriage. They dont want me to be lesbian.
My father is unaware, as he was not home but when ever I have to marry I'll have to try and tell my father and things would then get really bad:frown:
Reply 9
Original post by ANM775
considering you are a muslim family i'd say you got a pretty good reaction if that's all that happened.

still though, can't be nice being called that. but like i said, it could have been a lot worse..

My father was not home. The day I'm told to find someone to marry, I wont be able to tell my dad I'm lesbian. Otherwise hell will break loose:frown:
I'm going to have to remain closeted throughout my entire life.
I'm 20. Yet not able to move out until after marriage. They dont want me to be lesbian.
My father is unaware, as he was not home but when ever I have to marry I'll have to try and tell my father and things would then get really bad:frown:

Given that you're over 18, you're legally allowed to do whatever the hell you want. You can move out if you want to, you don't need their permission. Get a job so you can earn some money to support yourself and move out ASAP, it's not good to be in a toxic environment.
I would say no, but it depends on the context.
My father was not home. The day I'm told to find someone to marry, I wont be able to tell my dad I'm lesbian. Otherwise hell will break loose:frown:
I'm going to have to remain closeted throughout my entire life.

What makes you think your sibling won't tell him
Or tell a cousin who tells their dad, who tells him.
If I were you I'd prep myself for the day he finds out.
Can't be much of a dad if you are so terrified of him.
Btw I thought it was spelt Lezza.🤔
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Just my opinion
What makes you think your sibling won't tell him
Or tell a cousin who tells their dad, who tells him.
If I were you I'd prep myself for the day he finds out.
Can't be much of a dad if you are so terrified of him.
Btw I thought it was spelt Lezza.🤔

My dads such a loving and kind person but he does not want me to sin and in my religion homosexuality is a sin:frown:
My parents would not say anything horrid to anyone who identifies as LGBT but they wouldn't want their own family member to identify as LGBT because it's a 'sin'
And yes it is lezza- it was a spelling mistake. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending