The Student Room Group

Guys do you prefer girls who wear hijab or girls who don't???

Do you prefer to date/marry hijabis or non hijabis?
(BTW how old are you and what's your ethnicity)
I'd say I prefer without, but I've been traumatized by two awful girls in my childhood who were quite religious Muslims, but since then I've met plenty of people who are nice and others who aren't. but yeah. those two people did cement a subtle dislike, along with my upbringing in a predominantly Christian/ atheist. I personally am a mixed-race Muslim, currently in y12.
Reply 2
hijabis ain't even supposed to date...
To be completely honest, I don't think I would date a woman who wore a hijab. I'm not particularly religious in the slightest and I imagine we'd have far too differing views and opinions to be compatible.

I'm White British and 23 years old :smile:
Reply 4
This has been asked many times: to summarise non muslims will mostly not date hijabis or non hijabis due to religion being the biggest obstacle (muslim women not being able to marry non muslims, and also differences in religious belief), including backlash from parents and community who won't approve.
Reply 5
Original post by ANM775

well that is why I also said marry
and tbh now hijabis do date guys and its quite common
I wouldn't go anywhere near a hijabi, I have zero interest in religion and that is an easy to spot sign of religion.

25 White AF.
Original post by ANM775

Neither is any Muslim
Original post by Anonymous
Do you prefer to date/marry hijabis or non hijabis?
(BTW how old are you and what's your ethnicity)

OP is this question just for Muslims or Non-Muslims as well? Because I’m seeing quite a few Non-Muslim opinions.
Reply 9
It personally wouldn't really bother me. It's her choice and I'd be more than happy for her to express herself however she desires.

17, White British.
(For the record, I'm an atheist. That being said, I wouldn't allow personal beliefs to come between myself and another. I'd definitely pursue a relationship as long as there's mutual interest.)
I'd prefer to marry a Hijabi. Practicing muslimah hijabis dont date.

21 Pakistani M
well that is why I also said marry
and tbh now hijabis do date guys and its quite common

It being "common" doesnt make it Halal.

Just a sign of weak faith tbh. Or a slip. No human alive is perfect.
My brain right now. Seeing non-muslims comment like OBVIOUSLY A HIJAB IS GOING TO BE A HURDLE. As a muslim this does not matter if a woman chooses to wear a hijab im happy for her if she chooses not to im happy for her. It's her decision not mine. I don't date based on how religious someone is.
I used to have fwb with a British Muslim and she would wear hers when we had sex. She was not a practising Muslim but i did find it sexy
Reply 14
I'd prefer to marry a Hijabi. Practicing muslimah hijabis dont date.

21 Pakistani M

Agrees to same

Pakistani M

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending