The Student Room Group

pregnancy scare

i had unprotected sex on this monday night just gone and i’m pretty sure he came fully inside of me, now being Wednesday, i woke up this morning with my period, i was expecting this period to happen as it said i was due on my tracking app.

does me having this period mean i’m not pregnant, or is it likely that i’ll miss my next period and then i’ll be pregnant, i’m really unsure and confused as i’m only 17 and don’t know much about pregnancy :frown:

i also don’t want and will not appreciate anyone telling me the dangers of unprotected sex, i know, i was severely drunk and it was a one off mistake.

thanks
Original post by Anonymous
i had unprotected sex on this monday night just gone and i’m pretty sure he came fully inside of me, now being Wednesday, i woke up this morning with my period, i was expecting this period to happen as it said i was due on my tracking app.

does me having this period mean i’m not pregnant, or is it likely that i’ll miss my next period and then i’ll be pregnant, i’m really unsure and confused as i’m only 17 and don’t know much about pregnancy :frown:

i also don’t want and will not appreciate anyone telling me the dangers of unprotected sex, i know, i was severely drunk and it was a one off mistake.

thanks

Period after sex means no pregnancy .Next period will happen next time so you don't need to worry .
Reply 2
Original post by I _ Love You
Period after sex means no pregnancy .Next period will happen next time so you don't need to worry .

thank you this is good to hear!

is this a definite thing then, just that this period is only a couple days after and i don’t know how long fertilisation takes tbh
If you mean ovulation it happens about 2 weeks before your coming period .
If your period occured some days later this month , don't be worried . It is due to some reasons for instance stress or excitement . As you said you get too drunk sometimes .Don't ?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
thank you this is good to hear!

is this a definite thing then, just that this period is only a couple days after and i don’t know how long fertilisation takes tbh

No it's definitely not definite! It's rare but there are some women who continue to have their periods throughout their pregnancy. When some women's eggs implant in a successful pregnancy, they may also lightly bleed for a couple of days.

Please take a pregnancy test in about a week or two (it's too early to show up as positive right now).

After Monday and until today you could have gone to a pharmacy to get the plan B pill (for free if in the UK). Please keep this in mind if it happens again.

I'd highly suggest you take a test soon to be safe. Don't rely on the "normal" period pattern.
It is incredibly unlikely that you’ll be pregnant, as you’re not fertile (there’s no egg to be fertilised) on your period. However, sperm can survive in the body for about a week, and if you have short or irregular periods it’s theoretically possible that you could ovulate in the few days and that egg could be fertilised. This is incredibly unlikely, especially if you have regular 28-day cycles, but you may wish to take emergency contraception just in case.

It also sounds like you had unprotected sex with a partner you haven’t been exclusive with for 6 months or so, so an STD test would be a good idea. Scarleteen is a great website you can check out for more sexual health information, including what to expect and how often to get tested.

What are your contraception plans going forward? I know you said you didn’t want to be lectured, and I don’t want to lecture you, but having a plan in place in the future is a good idea!
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest