The Student Room Group

Official Hong Kong University 2021 applicant thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hairbear190
Yo which school does he go to

What a coincidence :tongue:
Original post by Manooka
:hello:
This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University in Hong Kong for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What courses/Universities are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Hello I'm from one of the northern Asia countries and have been attending international school outside of Asia based on U.K. curriculum.
I applied to engineering in HKU
and
Engineering with AI ( newly established ) in HKUST
my predicted grades are 4A* ( Math, Furthermath, Chemistry, and Physics )
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone, Im applying to HKU and CUHK. I just received an interview invitation from HKU, its a general admission one( critical analysis and group discussion). It is really weird, does anyone of you receive that too?.

even I got that about a week ago or more than that....
so confused I got scared because of the time to analyse the article.
20 minutes how difficult the article would be!!!!
Original post by universalcj
even I got that about a week ago or more than that....
so confused I got scared because of the time to analyse the article.
20 minutes how difficult the article would be!!!!

Don’t worry based on my experience doing the interview, the article does not seem too sophisticated. It’s just the general group discussion where you need to try your best to answer as much as possible.
Don’t worry based on my experience doing the interview, the article does not seem too sophisticated. It’s just the general group discussion where you need to try your best to answer as much as possible.

But of course, make sure that ur respectful to other group mates and allow them to deliver their points as well, so basically don’t take the whole discussion to yourself.
But of course, make sure that ur respectful to other group mates and allow them to deliver their points as well, so basically don’t take the whole discussion to yourself.

thank you ..... have a godod ay
Hi, I applied to HKU Med by the deadline but I didn't receive the general admission interview. Should I assume that I was rejected?
For context I'm from Hong Kong applying through Non-JUPAS and I'm predicted 4A*. Thanks
Hi, I applied to HKU Med by the deadline but I didn't receive the general admission interview. Should I assume that I was rejected?
For context I'm from Hong Kong applying through Non-JUPAS and I'm predicted 4A*. Thanks

I haven't yet either
MBBS interview is late December
(edited 3 years ago)

so according to the expert about admission to HKU, he said interview is offered randomly to students
so the interview offer is not one of the significant factor to determine your application
even one of the people that I know didn't receive any group interview offer but he got in with scholarship.
so don't be so dejected.
and 4A* is a score that you can reaily get into any university in HK.
But the problems are
1. you are native Hong Kong people, it means there will be more severe criteria to examine you and your application.
2. medicine is always really competitive so I cannot guarantee whether your application will be accepted or not
if you applied to engineering like me, I could definitely say you will be accepted.
Has anyone gotten an invitation for an interview in HKUST? I just got one for BBA in global business
Has anyone gotten an invitation for an interview in HKUST? I just got one for BBA in global business

I've heard that the interview offer from HKUST is rare apart from Business and some specific courses
Original post by Manooka
:hello:
This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University in Hong Kong for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What courses/Universities are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

I am applying to medicine and psychology at HKU and CUHK :smile:
Predicted grade: 5A* (Physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, further mathematics)
hi, I applied science in Hong Kong uni and my interview is on 4th dec, also applied ox, ic, ucl, kcl, Edinburgh f100.
A*A*A*A*A in alevel chem, bio, maths, fm and Chinese,
ielts result 7.5, anybody's interview date same as me?
I am a chem student btw:smile:
Original post by Hedwigeeeee
hi, I applied science in Hong Kong uni and my interview is on 4th dec, also applied ox, ic, ucl, kcl, Edinburgh f100.
A*A*A*A*A in alevel chem, bio, maths, fm and Chinese,
ielts result 7.5, anybody's interview date same as me?
I am a chem student btw:smile:

Mines on the 2nd, but congrats on the grades. You'll probably get to walk straight in
hey guys, i submitted my application on the 16th and haven't heard anything about interviews, etc. at all (i'm applying to social sciences!).. if you received an interview, when did you apply? :smile:
Original post by karenawang
hey guys, i submitted my application on the 16th and haven't heard anything about interviews, etc. at all (i'm applying to social sciences!).. if you received an interview, when did you apply? :smile:

I haven't heard but I applied on the 8th
Reply 56
Original post by avengingwinter
I haven't heard but I applied on the 8th

Did u also submit everything by the 8th?
Hihi! International student studying in UK applying to both HK and UK!

What courses/Universities are you applying for? Only medicine for HKU! (Applied 17/11 - just in time for 1st round evaluation)

What subjects are you studying now? A-level Bio, Chem, Math, FM all A*
hi guys! anyone in here applied to hku dentistry?
Original post by Cheekywing
hi guys! anyone in here applied to hku dentistry?

applied as my second choice :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending