The Student Room Group

Periods are irregular

Hey I just wanted to ask if this has happened to anyone but basically since July my periods have been very irregular and I had my period in July then September then December then February and now ive missed another whole cycle again and I’m still waiting
My periods previously to this has been extremely regular every month. Could it be due to the difference in activity levels due to lockdown etc?
Reply 1
There is actually some academic research at the moment which aims to look at whether menstrual cycles have been affected by the lockdown and, if so, how. It sounds very interesting.

I would be inclined, though, to suggest that it's worth ringing the surgery and making an appointment to speak to one of the GPs.

Although women do have menstrual cycles of varying length, what is significant is when there is a sudden change and it does sound as though your cycle has changed of late.

Something you may wish to consider is whether there have been any changes in your weight, especially if you have lost weight.

There are other things which can cause a change in periods, so it's best to have a word with your GP this week.
Completely normal for periods to be irregular, don't worry about it too much. Unless you have symptoms that are coexisting alongside the irregular periods, I wouldn't go to a doctor unless there's an actual problem. :smile:
I think it could be hormone imbalance my periods come back two or three months later at the exact date it should but I usually have bad cramps anyways so I don’t notice lol but yeah I might ring them thank you :smile:
It could be because of stress or hormonal imbalance, it's could also be pcos. Better visit your gyne for a check
Original post by cooltowering
It could be because of stress or hormonal imbalance, it's could also be pcos. Better visit your gyne for a check

Does pcos usually have a lot of other symptoms with it because I have nothing
Original post by priyapreetbhatti
Does pcos usually have a lot of other symptoms with it because I have nothing

I have PCOS and don't really have any symptoms
Original post by cooltowering

Could this happen even though before June my periods were regular for about 7 years
You might have hormonal imbalance, you need to visit your doctor
that seems another level of irregular, im sorry love

i'd suggest the pill since it helped my irregular periods however it also came with horrible side effects.

I suggest seeing a doctor and seeing what is best for you, good luck
Original post by littlebirdyxo
that seems another level of irregular, im sorry love

i'd suggest the pill since it helped my irregular periods however it also came with horrible side effects.

I suggest seeing a doctor and seeing what is best for you, good luck

Oh shoot :frown: thank you though I’ll make an appointment after my exams

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending