The Student Room Group

Student finance for second degree in dentistry

Hi, I am a 4th year physiotherapy student in Ireland and would like to study entry dentistry in England. As I am an Irish citizen, under the Common Area Travel Agreement, I am still entitled to pay the same amount of tuition as domestic students living in England, regardless of the new rules for EU students due to Brexit. I read that it was possible to apply for student finance for a second degree for courses such as dentistry and medicine.
Original post by Futuredentist26
Hi, I am a 4th year physiotherapy student in Ireland and would like to study entry dentistry in England. As I am an Irish citizen, under the Common Area Travel Agreement, I am still entitled to pay the same amount of tuition as domestic students living in England, regardless of the new rules for EU students due to Brexit. I read that it was possible to apply for student finance for a second degree for courses such as dentistry and medicine.

Hi is this undergraduate dentistry or graduate entry dentistry? Or is it a dental hygiene/therapy course?
Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi is this undergraduate dentistry or graduate entry dentistry? Or is it a dental hygiene/therapy course?
Thanks, Isaac

Hi, it's for graduate entry dentistry!
Hi, it's for graduate entry dentistry!

For graduate entry dentistry(and medicine), our guidance says:

Tuition Fees
Year 1 The student will have to self fund the first £3,465, however a tuition fee loan will be available for the remainder of up to £5,785.

Years 2-4 - The first £3,715 will be paid by the Department of Health and a tuition fee loan will be available for the remainder of up to £5,535.

Maintenance Funding
Year 1 The student can apply for a Full Means Tested Maintenance Loan and Supplementary Grants, They are not eligible for a Maintenance Grant.

Years 2-4 The student can apply for the Income Assessed NHS Bursary and Supplementary Grants from the NHS. They can only apply to SFE for a Reduced Rate Maintenance Loan.

Your previous study will not affect eligibility.
Thanks, Isaac
Thank you so much Isaac for the response and information.
Thank you so much Isaac for the response and information.

You're welcome. I hope you have a great weekend :smile:

Hi,
Let me know if you have any questions about applying to do Dentistry! :smile:

Numra
Year 3 Dental Stuent
Medic Mind

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending