The Student Room Group

Can I apply to a uni that through clearing that I rejected?

I'm currently regretting my firm choice and wish I had chosen one of the other universities I applied to, is it possible to apply to that uni through clearing on results day?
Original post by Jasminelaura.200
I'm currently regretting my firm choice and wish I had chosen one of the other universities I applied to, is it possible to apply to that uni through clearing on results day?

Just to clarify, did you receive an offer and then decline it?
If you had an offer from one of your other choices you might still be able to retrieve this.
Phone UCAS ASAP - but be very certain about doing this before you call.
Yes, you may still be able to do this as a reply swap up until the 23rd of July. Call UCAS if you are certain.

Assuming that you got an offer from them previously and the course is in clearing, yes you can still try to get in that way. But it’s riskier than just changing your replies now.
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Just to clarify, did you receive an offer and then decline it?

Yes
Original post by Admit-One
Yes, you may still be able to do this as a reply swap up until the 23rd of July. Call UCAS if you are certain.

Assuming that you got an offer from them previously and the course is in clearing, yes you can still try to get in that way. But it’s riskier than just changing your replies now.

Is my firm choice likely to let me change by ringing up UCAS even if its been longer than 14 days?
Original post by Jasminelaura.200
Is my firm choice likely to let me change by ringing up UCAS even if its been longer than 14 days?

I've only ever heard of a single instance of a uni refusing a swap.

It's in no-ones interest to leave you with a choice that you're not happy with. You'd just end up releasing yourself into Clearing on results day anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending