The Student Room Group

do I have a right to be annoyed

I have just completed my A-levels and everyday since my final exam I have done something whether it is cleaning or going for job interviews.

My mum is giving me a lot of **** for choosing to move out for uni and is making my life as difficult as possible. I decided to stay in bed today instead of getting up early and going to the gym. Instead I get given a list of things to-do.
I told her it was not fair as I have worked so hard and need to have a lie in and do nothing for once in my life. I got given a lecture about how I should focus on religion now that I am done with school. She then proceeded to ask if I was fasting tomorrow to which I responded no. I got given a religious lecture and told how much of a disappointment I am.

Fasting isn't mandatory. I also know that in the past fasting has caused me plenty of health issues. Which she only ever brings up when it is a reason for me to stay at home for uni.

Do I have a right to be annoyed here? I don't have much breathing room.
Original post by Anonymous
I have just completed my A-levels and everyday since my final exam I have done something whether it is cleaning or going for job interviews.

My mum is giving me a lot of **** for choosing to move out for uni and is making my life as difficult as possible. I decided to stay in bed today instead of getting up early and going to the gym. Instead I get given a list of things to-do.
I told her it was not fair as I have worked so hard and need to have a lie in and do nothing for once in my life. I got given a lecture about how I should focus on religion now that I am done with school. She then proceeded to ask if I was fasting tomorrow to which I responded no. I got given a religious lecture and told how much of a disappointment I am.

Fasting isn't mandatory. I also know that in the past fasting has caused me plenty of health issues. Which she only ever brings up when it is a reason for me to stay at home for uni.

Do I have a right to be annoyed here? I don't have much breathing room.

If fasting is causing you health issues, then maybe don't fast. Leaving uni and parents being annoyed that you are leaving is pretty normal, they mostly think that everything is going to end up wrong. Maybe talk to her.
You absolutely have a right to be annoyed. Sorry your mum is not very understanding.
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
If fasting is causing you health issues, then maybe don't fast. Leaving uni and parents being annoyed that you are leaving is pretty normal, they mostly think that everything is going to end up wrong. Maybe talk to her.

I have tried speaking to ger she got aggressive about it. I informed my school
Original post by Anonymous
I have tried speaking to ger she got aggressive about it. I informed my school

Yeah leave for uni, sounds like a very toxic environment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending