The Student Room Group

The only excuse for ugly girls is laziness.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by small_fry
I agree with the sentiments, just not with the delivery :h:

Ahahahaahahahahahahahahahahah! Brilliant! :biggrin::biggrin:
It doesn't take a great deal of mental (except if you have principles...) or physical exertion to put on some makeup and eat healthily. There's no hard work about it. It's purely selfish and, on a deeper level, pandering to the ungrateful demands of a sexist society etc etc. Most girls don't moan about being ugly at all, not sincerely, I don't know what you're talking about. For one thing, this twisted patriarchal mentality has worked it out so that we feel ashamed of our given bodies and faces and that even 'admitting' it will plunge us into low self confidence. You're lucky you added that silly comment about 'girls moaning about it' or this would turn into a long rant cluttering up your thread :smile:
However, just because it isn't hard doesn't mean it's worth doing.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 102
Original post by Trigger
Why do you think these girls have low self esteeme in the first place?

I couldn't care less as that is not the subject matter of this thread, nor our previous conversation.
The thing that perhaps bothers me most is the equation of beauty with morality/ a person's value, which is not only something the OP participates in, but all those who hold that physical appearance is paramount. I actually pity such people, because they clearly have such a narrow and angry world view. It must be awful to have to live like that.

It also makes me angry - GROW UP.

People have to suffer far more terrible things in life than looking at someone who they consider unattractive. Ever seen Schindler's List?

How can people be so cosseted and ignorant - now that is something for which there is NO excuse.
Reply 104
Ok Basically Im new here so hello! Hope we can all be cool.

Anyway, to clarify, the OP probly stated this in a harsher way than it should of been stated, but i must say his overall interests were acceptable to me. For example, yes looks shouldnt define how you feel about a person, but lets be honest and human, they contribute. We all know this, so its only natural people feel insecure, especially people who have low self esteem.

Girls who dont receive the usual attention from guys because of their exterior very often have a low sense of self esteem, all the OP was really trying to say (in harsh words), was that, instead of complaining or feeling bad, they should get together the courage and take control of their outside. Even if looks arent everything they do represent you and it can do wonders for someones life.

Iam living proof. I used to be pretty...fat lets be honest lol, kind of a loser on the popularity scale, not invited to the cool parties, had one actual friend. You know what? Life sucked. I was really miserable. I had a strange revelation one day. I could change things. It started off with me losing my weight. Then I took an even bigger step and got my earlobe pierced (its fashionable in my area.). Eventually this escalated into me becoming more trendy. Now im a guy whos proud of his exterior and interior, who can afford the designer brands off my hard work(its my money who cares how i spend it haha!), fresh haircuts regularly, and im a Muay Thai Boxer. Guess what, I get invited to more cool parties then the majority of people now.

Long post sorry. but do you know what this means? Its sad but, Looks really can do more for someone. Even if the looks arent the core of it, its the effort, the grooming. People APPRECIATE effort, whether its in attire, product, or even your job. I think thats what the OP was aiming for.

So for god's sakes give the OP a break. Im sure his intentions werent to hurt anyone, plus if u read past the jagged words, hes very right you know... No ones gonna give you anything in this life if you dont go out and atleast try to get it.

P.S.

Trigger, your posts have seemed kind of rude to be honest. Im not having a go at you, but theres no harmful intention in the message here, possibly some truths that we just have to accept as society now. Im sure its a misunderstanding on your part or something.
Reply 105
Also im a male, so GUYS CAN DO IT TOO! *Fist pump*!
Reply 106
Original post by hannah234
The thing that perhaps bothers me most is the equation of beauty with morality/ a person's value, which is not only something the OP participates in, but all those who hold that physical appearance is paramount. I actually pity such people, because they clearly have such a narrow and angry world view. It must be awful to have to live like that.

It also makes me angry - GROW UP.

People have to suffer far more terrible things in life than looking at someone who they consider unattractive. Ever seen Schindler's List?

How can people be so cosseted and ignorant - now that is something for which there is NO excuse.

Mikeylfc1989 lent me his copy, said it was a harrowing and powerful insight into mans inhumanity to man. Bored the tits right of me though, turned it off after half an hour and popped on 'Weekenend at Bernies' instead. ****ing ace film that.
Reply 107
i agree. there are no ugly women, only lazy ones:biggrin:
I agree with this and not just because I believe the OP is a Guru of sorts concerning these topics. I've no doubt the girls that have negged spend more time moaning about their appearance than making an effort in improving it.
Not saying I'm like this, but some girls don't wanna cake their face with make-up everyday, because it ruins your skin in the long run!

And however cliche it sounds, it IS what's on the inside that counts! :smile:
Original post by Roo Bix
Unexperienced, much?

How is suggesting I don't see many women as naturally beautiful count as inexperienced?

Do you have an issue with reading comprehension?
:rofl:

Holy ****ing neg train that rained down on op.

Obvs a lot of ugly girls on TSR

:colondollar:
Not true. Some people are just born ugly. Like, so ugly that no amount of makeup or exercise could salvage.

Don't be an ignorant buffoon. Pft.
Reply 113
Original post by Ministerdonut
How is suggesting I don't see many women as naturally beautiful count as inexperienced?

Do you have an issue with reading comprehension?

Do you have an issue with reading comprehension? Because that is not what you said. Let me quote what you said again, for your own benefit:

Original post by Ministerdonut
Extremely attractive people of both genders are actually quite rare especially in this country. I can count on one hand the number of women I have seen who are naturally beautiful. Looking sexy isn't the same at all, and it can be overdone.

My query, was raised from this:

Extremely attractive people of both genders are actually quite rare especially in this country. I can count on one hand the number of women I have seen who are naturally beautiful. Looking sexy isn't the same at all, and it can be overdone.

And my argument is that you must be inexperienced with women to make such an ignorant statement. That, or you have an unrealistic, elitist standard for what you perceive as 'naturally beautiful'.
Original post by Roo Bix
Do you have an issue with reading comprehension? Because that is not what you said. Let me quote what you said again, for your own benefit:

My query, was raised from this:

And my argument is that you must be inexperienced with women to make such an ignorant statement. That, or you have an unrealistic, elitist standard for what you perceive as 'naturally beautiful'.

No I was right, you do have issues with reading or perhaps you are insecure yourself,no idea don't know you. Again how can not seeing many beautiful women around suggest inexperience? I see plenty of women who are sexy,who I would go to bed with,but making the effort to look sexy is different to natural good looks that you are born with.I mentioned this earlier.
Reply 115
Are you delusional, or something? Where is it evident that I have an issue with reading comprehension, I'm DIRECTLY quoting you. :facepalm2:

For the third time, you said you could 'count the number of beautiful girls' you've seen on one hand. And I'm saying, you must be inexperienced, or have unrealistic standard.

But now, I just think you're an idiot.

Because unless you've trekked across the entire country and encountered every female, then your statement remains to be a generalization and you remain to be ignorant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending