The Student Room Group

I guess I'm gay

Hi,

I know we are not allowed to use this as a dating service and I'm not, I'm not trying to advertise myself I'd just like some advice really. Basically, I've recently realised I'm gay, and I'm a bit sad about it. I'm scared to admit it to anyone but I would really like to experiment. Maybe I'm not gay, maybe I'm just confused. Either way I don't know anyone I can talk to about this.

What is it like in gay clubs? Can you get a 'date', so to speak, really easily?

Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

:frown:
Are you at university? Then join a society. In this day and age you shouldn't have to be embarrassed about being gay.
And pulling people in a gay bar is very easy :mmm:
Reply 3
You don't have to decide if you are or aren't right away, and if you are gay, then there's no reason to be sad about it.
I don't have any experience with clubs or dating, sorry.
near_comatose
:frown:

Yeah exactly.
jink
You don't have to decide if you are or aren't right away, and if you are gay, then there's no reason to be sad about it.
I don't have any experience with clubs or dating, sorry.

I'm in my mid-twenties I have had a lot of time to think about this. I just have never tried anything so I don't know completely really. And there's plenty of reason to be sad.
Reply 6
At the start, in one way, it's a bit rubbish. You realise you're different... but then that can be a good thing. You work out who you are and gradually get used to the idea.

(If it makes it easier for you, forget the label "gay" - you don't have to BE something, you just prefer the same sex!)

You really don't have to start going to gay bars and all that, but when you're ready they're not all as scary as they sound.

Check your PM's - I'd be happy to chat if you'd like to!
Reply 7
Without sounding pervy, feel free to talk to me about it in a private message if you ever want to talk. I understand it can be a bit upsetting because you worry people will judge you, but providing you have a good circle of friends and not idiots, it hopefully won't matter. My friends are all absolutely fine with it. Some are even a little overly enthusiastic.

As for clubs, it is possible to pick up a 'date' if by date you mean a one-off sexual partner. Dates for potential relationships are best found elsewhere, as clubs can be a bit of a meat-market with more sexual than romantic undertones.
Reply 8
Why would someone be sad for being gay? You have everything str8 couples have + you have a cool sense of fashion, more money, and if your guys is the same size as you, you are expanding your wardrobe.

Being gay is absolutely OK, as long as it is just part of your personality, not the essence.
Reply 9
U are born gay, so if U had not noticed that before, it's probably because you are not...
Reply 10
rubbishusername
Hi,

I know we are not allowed to use this as a dating service and I'm not, I'm not trying to advertise myself I'd just like some advice really. Basically, I've recently realised I'm gay, and I'm a bit sad about it. I'm scared to admit it to anyone but I would really like to experiment. Maybe I'm not gay, maybe I'm just confused. Either way I don't know anyone I can talk to about this.

What is it like in gay clubs? Can you get a 'date', so to speak, really easily?

Thanks.

Hey :smile: please try not to be too sad about it. You could take a look at this little page here:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/I_think_I_might_be_gay_:_A_guide

It's got some helpful tips on it and there might be some stuff you haven't yet considered.
Check out some GLTB threads but you shouldn't be scared of being gay
tony_ron
As for clubs, it is possible to pick up a 'date' if by date you mean a one-off sexual partner. Dates for potential relationships are best found elsewhere, as clubs can be a bit of a meat-market with more sexual than romantic undertones.

I'm not really after a relationship right now to be honest, I wouldn't know where to start. I guess I'm after some experimentation really, but it's all a bit overwhelming. I've never even been near a gay club before. I know it sounds bad but I always just imagined you could go in there, walk up to someone who looks nice and ask if they want sex. I mean, gay or not they're blokes.
Aquarian
Why would someone be sad for being gay? You have everything str8 couples have + you have a cool sense of fashion, more money, and if your guys is the same size as you, you are expanding your wardrobe.

Being gay is absolutely OK, as long as it is just part of your personality, not the essence.

I have no sense of fashion whatsoever, and I'm broke! Since when do gay guys have more money? It'd never become my personality, I'm too far gone for that.
anillatoo
U are born gay, so if U had not noticed that before, it's probably because you are not...

I've fantasised about doing things for a few years, but only every once in a while and mostly when I'm drunk. Who knows though ay?
bennh
Hey :smile: please try not to be too sad about it. You could take a look at this little page here:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/I_think_I_might_be_gay_:_A_guide

It's got some helpful tips on it and there might be some stuff you haven't yet considered.

Thanks for that, it was helpful yeah. I don't think I'm going to be shouting it from the rooftops just yet.
Indieboohoo
Check out some GLTB threads but you shouldn't be scared of being gay

I know I shouldn't, but a lot of my life has been built up around straightness, for want of a better word, and this would kind of **** it all up.
Reply 17
rubbishusername
I know I shouldn't, but a lot of my life has been built up around straightness, for want of a better word, and this would kind of **** it all up.

How do you mean?
Reply 18
Your sexuality is as much of a choice as the colour of your skin. Its nothing to be ashamed of either way.
rubbishusername

Have you ever been in a relationship with a girl?
Maybe you're bisexual?

Latest

Trending

Trending