The Student Room Group

What are you getting your Mum for Mothers day?

Mothers day this year is 3rd April. What are you getting her? I've no idea this year... thought it would be a good time to start exchanging ideas :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I never know what to get :frown: Probably some CD's she likes and flowers, I don't know
Usually I try to think a bit outside the box but I have no idea this time! :tongue:
Reply 2
Its my sisters birthday, and mothers day on the same day.

My stepmum will get a card, maybe flowers.

It's my sisters day to me really.
Flowers, chocolates and a fragrance :smile:
Reply 4
Nothing

I refuse to participate in such a commercalized holiday and will not feel pressured into getting her anything because I show my love for her everyday.

This day is just as silly as valentines day
Reply 5
Original post by insignificant
Mothers day this year is 3rd April. What are you getting her? I've no idea this year... thought it would be a good time to start exchanging ideas :smile:

woah the title scared me, I thought it was like tomorrow or something. 3rd of April? That means I don't have to think about it for ages.
Male stripper.
A sock
Oh shi*, mothers day!
You can't actually get my mum anything because she hates most things, I mean, the woman hates CHOCOLATE and she doesn't like fake jewelry 'cause it makes her SKIN ITCH! I just can't win.
Reply 9
Original post by dOnTtHiNkUrSmArT
That's is actually quite a good point..but think about all those people that live away from their parents, don't get see them much- in fact only see them at Christmas..this day means probably a lot to them. Might not.. I wouldn't know, but still..let people =D It's fun.

You make a good point right there tbh, I guess if they rarely do get to see their parents (due to whatever reasons) then why not :tongue:
Reply 10
Stuff for the kitchen - she and us are past the 'let's just get bubble bath because women like things that smell nice, right?' age. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure she still appreciates it but we have made the decision to vget things that can be useful or go around the house and be put to use for a long time.
This time, i'm going to get her something she needs and probably some tiger lillies as these are her favourite flower.
My Mum's birthday is a week before Mother's Day, so I normally just get her flowers and a card. Her birthday is more important to me, so I tend to spoil her then. :smile:
Original post by bad bitch
Nothing

I refuse to participate in such a commercalized holiday and will not feel pressured into getting her anything because I show my love for her everyday.

I feel sorry for your mum :frown:
Something that will survive being posted from France. I'm not sure yet.
urrr. flowers or something. nothing special.
Reply 15
Nothing

As above, but our family has never really been one for celebrations. You'll get a card for your birthday but that's about it.
Surprising her by coming home early for the easter break, will turn up with a big bunch of flowers I think :biggrin:
Nothing

THIS!
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
I feel sorry for your mum :frown:

:facepalm2: she loves her mum everyday! isn't that better ?
(edited 13 years ago)
Nothing big or anything. Probably just a luxury villa in Spain.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending