The Student Room Group

Ex just text me after a month

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Simple reply: "We're no longer together so it's no longer your business. I'm sorry if it upsets you or sounds harsh, but we made our choice, and you can always unfollow me if you find my tweets a problem. If you'd like to talk about it then that's fine, but don't expect me to sit moping." Sorted.

Well said.
Reply 61
Original post by chab92
If people are causing her problems, then it's her issue to deal with not yours!! If anyone has a problem with you, they can come to you. It sounds like she is just wanting your attention to me. So tell her to leave you alone and the people with problems can come to you if they really want.

but this is my problem with this situation. we haven't been together in a month. probably just over now, yet 'people' are questioning her on my whereabouts and who i'm with? why the hell would they contact my ex to find out? and it's not like i'm saying "hey on some hot date at the moment", i'm saying what i'm doing at the time. whether that be going the gym, meeting up with a mate, going on a night out etc. i say i've had a good time, yet 'people' are supposedly contacting my ex and causing her problems? it doesn't make sense to me at all. and i don't get how she is still viewing my tweets when i've made them private and blocked her.

Original post by HopefulMidwife
Ignore her, she's on some kind of power trip. If she texted you something nice and looked like she wanted to make amends or talk things through, I'd say give her a chance if you're up for it. But she just sounds like she's being a female dog.

if she was civil towards me, told me what was going on and wanted to talk things through - because we never did when we split up, we literally just ended things and that was that - then i'd be willing to. but at this rate, the way she's being just makes me want to not bother with her more. and i'm only replying because i want to know if there are really people questioning who i'm out with... or if she's lying to me to get information out of me.
Reply 62
Original post by stevie1989
but this is my problem with this situation. we haven't been together in a month. probably just over now, yet 'people' are questioning her on my whereabouts and who i'm with? why the hell would they contact my ex to find out? and it's not like i'm saying "hey on some hot date at the moment", i'm saying what i'm doing at the time. whether that be going the gym, meeting up with a mate, going on a night out etc. i say i've had a good time, yet 'people' are supposedly contacting my ex and causing her problems? it doesn't make sense to me at all. and i don't get how she is still viewing my tweets when i've made them private and blocked her

I think that if people are really wanting to know about you, and if they really cared, they would ask you, though it is not their business to start with so don't worry about them. I think she is just fishing for attention now, and if she won't tell you who it is that's asking her, I would be inclined to doubt her personally. If you were on a 'hot date' though, which you have every right to be, it is nothing to do with her, as she is in your past and you can do whatever you like. I'm not sure how she can see your twitter then, unless she is using someone else's/another account maybe.
Original post by stevie1989

if she was civil towards me, told me what was going on and wanted to talk things through - because we never did when we split up, we literally just ended things and that was that - then i'd be willing to. but at this rate, the way she's being just makes me want to not bother with her more. and i'm only replying because i want to know if there are really people questioning who i'm out with... or if she's lying to me to get information out of me.

Exactly, hun, she's not being civil. She's being a c***. She's being emotionally manipulative.

Try this - delete her number and every trace of her from your phone. Every time she texts, delete it straightaway. That way, you will not be tempted to contact her, and she will eventually get bored of harassing you and getting no response.

And keep enjoying yourself and tweeting, you deserve to! :smile:
sounds like a case of ' i dont want you but i dont want anybody else to have you '
Reply 65
She's simply just acting out because this breakup is hard for her. Show a little more empathy, or at least cut contact gently.
Reply 66
well, she's taken a new tactic now. i blocked her and made my account private, and made a new account for design work, as per your suggestions. i left that one open as it needs to be, but blocked her from that account. guess what? she made a new account, and tweeted to my design account "how's your good company recently?". i didn't reply, and blocked her new account.

this is getting out of hand now. what the hell does she want from me?
Reply 67
Just tell her to leave you alone.
Reply 68
Original post by JagSan
Just tell her to leave you alone.

that's the thing though! we said no contact because she wanted me to leave her alone, now she's getting pissy when i said am out with people, tweeting me from fake accounts!
Reply 69
Original post by thatrollingstone
The real issue here is not your ex or the text she sent. It's the fact you tweet about such boring and inane things like going to the gym. No one gives a **** dude, stop polluting the interwebs.

er, pretty sure that's the point of twitter? microblogging?
Stevie,

Do you still feel anything for her?
Reply 71
I'd text back "hi, who's this I don't recognise the number". :biggrin:
Reply 72
The fact this is over tweets about the gym is just depressing.
Reply 73
Original post by Spongebob'sPants
Stevie,

Do you still feel anything for her?

yeah, but she made it clear last month she wanted to end things so am going to try and win her round now, she ended it with me. i'm out doing my own thing now.

she text me last night - i didn't reply - telling me that she wants me out of her life. fine with me. but it doesn't add up with her stalking my twitter and asking who am out with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending