The Student Room Group

Maintenance and tuition fee loan payments blocked

Hi there, thanks for helping me out! After battling through various problems with my application, finally everything is submitted, correct and nothing more is being asked of me. There's just one thing left however - all my loans are 'blocked'.

My bank details and NI number were triple checked and submitted with my application, so I understand that SFE are simply waiting for my NI number to be confirmed. I submitted my application on 10/10/13 though, so it has been almost two months now. My declaration form was recieved on 20/11/2013 - that might be the reason I'm still waiting, but I don't know how the system works.

I was hoping you could give me an idea of the average time for a NI number to be confirmed, so I know whether to chase this up or continue to sit and wait. It's getting harder and harder to pay my rent though! Thanks.
Hi Timdpr,

your NI number would be sent for validation the first available Wednesday after receiving your declaration form and will be returned as valid the following Wednesday where upon your payments are unblocked and released to your bank account.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending