The Student Room Group

Have you ever stood someone up for a date?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by syrettd
:eek::eek:

Well in my defence she had a misleading profile and suggested she was looking for fun only to later to say she had a strict 3 date rule
I regret the sequence of events but
feel bad for her more not really ashamed not left her at the altar.I only plan on doing that if my parents force me to marry my dads childhood friends daughter from the punjab

Original post by Jack22031994
Sounds like your ashamed? You should be

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by James222
I regret the sequence of events but
feel bad for her more not really ashamed not left her at the altar.I only plan on doing that if my parents force me to marry my dads childhood friends daughter from the punjab

Ah ok fair enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jack22031994
Ah ok fair enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh i dont appreciate your tone in your earlier post.
Yh i dont appreciate your tone in your earlier post.

Sorry about that

I just don't have much time for this sort of thing - it's as bad as cheating in my view

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Lol people are taking james seriously. The trolling is poor anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LMCF
Shamefully, I have. We'd arranged to go out and just beforehand she texted me this 4-text-long message that she loved me even though we'd only gone out three times. I just couldn't.

Post the message... Sounds hilarious!
Original post by FKLW
Lol people are taking james seriously. The trolling is poor anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you the 16 year old girl I stood up?
Why did your profile say you where 18 and you went to a school that no sixth form?
not so much stood up, but here was a guy who maybe thought it was a date, even though it wasn't. This was the second time we'd met up, he texted me asking about feelings - we were newly friends - so i was like what feelings? we'd only known each other about 2 or 3 weeks, then 10 minutes before this 'encounter' (i don't know how to classify it) he texted me because he sprained his leg. i never heard from him again and i am glad for it.
Original post by LMCF
Shamefully, I have. We'd arranged to go out and just beforehand she texted me this 4-text-long message that she loved me even though we'd only gone out three times. I just couldn't.

Fair enough not going, but couldn't you at least drop them a text?
Reply 30
Are you the 16 year old girl I stood up?
Why did your profile say you where 18 and you went to a school that no sixth form?

Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by brunettegirl92
not so much stood up, but here was a guy who maybe thought it was a date, even though it wasn't. This was the second time we'd met up, he texted me asking about feelings - we were newly friends - so i was like what feelings? we'd only known each other about 2 or 3 weeks, then 10 minutes before this 'encounter' (i don't know how to classify it) he texted me because he sprained his leg. i never heard from him again and i am glad for it.

You're such a tease.
Original post by brunettegirl92

What was pretext you where meeting ?
And why didnt you think it was a date ?
Reply 33
Original post by shaymarriott
Post the message... Sounds hilarious!

I don't have it any more. It was so embarrassing that I deleted it out of pity for her. I seriously considered the possibility that it was a prank text it was that bad...
Original post by joker12345
Fair enough not going, but couldn't you at least drop them a text?

Yes. I couldn't even comprehend what to say or do tbh. I didn't want to lie about why I wasn't coming so just stood her up. She actually sent an apology message later on saying that she shouldn't have said it over text but I didn't think her infatuation was healthy so didn't see her again. Definitely not handled well :dontknow:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 34
The worst part was when she texted me like 20 times saying where are you I didnt know what to say
So I just replied james222 has sold his mobile this is alex

Amazing
Original post by Smushy
Amazing

So do you have a profile on okcupid ? Whats your username
dont worry If i change my mind Ill text you at least one hour in advance
Reply 36
So do you have a profile on okcupid ? Whats your username
dont worry If i change my mind Ill text you at least one hour in advance

Thirsty
I'd clearly be the one standing you up
Original post by Ben Manklin
only a dick would stand someone up without a bloody good reason

I was suppose to go on a date that had been planned up in London, but I forgot about the Champion's league semi final that was on that day. I ended up breaking contact with her and jumped over to the pub to watch the game. I honestly do not think I was in the wrong seeing as this was a big game and I could not miss it no matter what. I never knew what happened to her.
No, I'd feel way too guilty :eek: Always cancel, never stand someone up.
Original post by Smushy
Thirsty
I'd clearly be the one standing you up

Hmmm id rather be thirsty than not getting any. Every hole a goal.
Who knows you havnt even read my profile yet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending