The Student Room Group

Problem. Asking me for more evidence.

Hello,
I have sent evidence of my residency in the UK during the past 3 years (bank statements from every month, since June 2011), but they got back to me saying that there is not enough evidence of September and October 2011. I believe I did send statements of every single month, so I'm not really sure why they need more evidence, but I think it might be because at that time my parents were sending me money to my Spanish bank account, so probably there wasn't too much activity in the English one.

If my parents send me the Spanish statements showing that I was withdrawing money from the UK would that be enough? My other option is to send a letter from my landlord in which he confirms that I have been living in his house for the past 3 years, including those months.
I can't think of any other evidence, as during those months I was not working or studying and I was not getting benefits neither.

Thank you.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hello

We can't accept letter from landlords, and bank statements can only be accepted if they show regular activity. Please call us on 0300 100 0607 for further advice.

Thanks
Reply 2
Hello again. They keep rejecting all the evidence I can send. On the phone an advisor told me that "maybe" a statutory declaration from a solicitor would help, but after I sent it I received again the same letter requesting more evidence for those weeks :/.

Anyway, now what it worries me is this: if they don't give me the maintenance grant or loan can they still proceed with the application so I can get the tuition fee loan, or will I have any problem with that for applying as UK resident (which is what I am) instead of as EU student?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending